Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a lowering kit for my 2012 Chevy Colorado want about a 2 inch in the front and 3 in the back. Also I want it to ride like factory are close buy it and would like to use stock coils. What should I get and add prices please

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Best way for your desired drop would be

Belltech 2" balljoints up front
Belltech 3" blocks out back

@garrett

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Fixed, we don't need a typo to turn ugly :lmaop:

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Should be close to stock. You're not replacing any springs, and a 2/3 really isn't that drastic of a change. Anything more than that and you will start to notice a difference and may encounter some bottoming out and rubbing.

·
How d'ya like them apples
941 Posts
Best way for your desired drop would be

Belltech 2" balljoints up front
Belltech 3" blocks out back

@garrett

^^best ride

I had 2" spring on mine but you couldn't tell a difference

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2" drop coils? What brand I just don't want my truck to be bounce and fill a lot of bumps if I get after market drop coils.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
Don't bother, just get the ball joints and be done with it. You change the springs and you won't get factory ride.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok that what I was wondering. And I can use the factory shocks with no problem are modifications needed?

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
Factory shocks yes, no problem. Only thing you'll have to do is grind off the sway bar link on the control arms so that you can mount the new drop ball joints. The new ball joints will have a new mounting point for the sway bar.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
for a 2012 you will need to get your lowering blocks
from JTR, you have a diff size centering pin/bolt on
your rear springs than earlier Colly's.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
for a 2012 you will need to get your lowering blocks
from JTR, you have a diff size centering pin/bolt on
your rear springs than earlier Colly's.
Good point

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
With the JTR stuff in relation to the 09+ trucks; if you use the pinion shims and bolt it to the drop block. Then the cap on the screw is not 15mm it is 9/16, which is 14.029mm. Does anyone know exactly what the hole measurement is on the bracket that is on the rear end? I want to see how much slop will be in there. My guess is approx. .030". It isn't much, but if things move around due to bumps or things aren't tight enough, then it will move which will cause wear on the bracket that is on the rear end. The cap on the screw is going to be harder than the metal on the bracket. Then hole will get bigger over time. I can see putting some shim stock in there to keep everything centered. Just curious as to what thickness.

know what im sayin? lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts