Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

141 - 160 of 161 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Does anybody have any dirt bike videos they are especially proud of?
Something not the typical helmet mount for 18 minutes?, etc.

I'm thinking of mounting a buckle to my chest protector....anybody done that? Instead of using my Chesty.

Just checking for random videos that people are proud of with their riding locations, editing skills, etc.

Youtube is full of videos that went straight from camera to internet. And it looks like that's what they've done.

Here is a frame I extracted.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Does anybody have any dirt bike videos they are especially proud of?
Something not the typical helmet mount for 18 minutes?, etc.

I'm thinking of mounting a buckle to my chest protector....anybody done that? Instead of using my Chesty.

Just checking for random videos that people are proud of with their riding locations, editing skills, etc.

Youtube is full of videos that went straight from camera to internet. And it looks like that's what they've done.

Here is a frame I extracted.
I have a few on my laptop i can post later. Also my friend makes most of the videos. Ill get you his youtube name and you can check some of his videos out. Mostly done with tripod , pole, and chesty

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I have a few on my laptop i can post later. Also my friend makes most of the videos. Ill get you his youtube name and you can check some of his videos out. Mostly done with tripod , pole, and chesty
Cool thanks. Nice to see samples of others. I spent more time than I care to admit researching mountain bike videos. It's mostly common sense. As the person doing the sport, we kind of know what looks decent.

Biggest thing I think is losing the bore factor. :)

·
Registered
992 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Just got a Hero 4 Black for Christmas from the woman. Haven't got a chance to use it really yet but this was one attachment I was looking at. Hard to pull the trigger on it for 70 bones though
Have fun with it. Get to know the settings. The correct resolutions for the scene you're setting up is helpful. You can fix image size in post as well.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
992 Posts
Have fun with it. Get to know the settings. The correct resolutions for the scene you're setting up is helpful. You can fix image size in post as well.

Enjoy!
Yea there are way to many settings and choices. I have been using 2k but I feel like there is no point to do anything higher than 1080 unless it was professional. Have to find some editing software also. Loved Adobe Premier but don't feel like paying for it. I will have to try GoPro's software soon.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Just got a Hero 4 Black for Christmas from the woman. Haven't got a chance to use it really yet but this was one attachment I was looking at. Hard to pull the trigger on it for 70 bones though

meh. I wont be charging you that amount for sure. find two more buyers and i will give them to you for free, just pay $50 for shipping each and its a deal :D

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I only have GoPro Studio and it works pretty well. I'd like an Adobe product, but like you don't want to pay for it.

I would benefit from the stabilization features Adobe has though. Studio allows multi speed playback. Forward/Reverse. Keyframing for most controls. White balance settings for temperature and tint. Two text fields, so you can overlap text on the same frame. And two audio tracks. I run a sound clip until a point, and overlap the next audio track over it by a few seconds, fading one out and one in.

I can not compare Studio to other software but it works well enough for me.

As or resolution, I have the Hero2, not as many settings as your has. But I shoot in 960 often (4:3 format) because you get height in the capture. Shooting widescreen limits the top/bottom. It works goof for two reasons, on a bike for example, you get to capture controls and further ahead. Also, you can zoom it to get 16:9 in post production. It keeps the width and crops top/bottom. You can shift the framing up/down and left/right too.

·
Nation Affiliate
926 Posts
I only have GoPro Studio and it works pretty well. I'd like an Adobe product, but like you don't want to pay for it.

I would benefit from the stabilization features Adobe has though. Studio allows multi speed playback. Forward/Reverse. Keyframing for most controls. White balance settings for temperature and tint. Two text fields, so you can overlap text on the same frame. And two audio tracks. I run a sound clip until a point, and overlap the next audio track over it by a few seconds, fading one out and one in.

I can not compare Studio to other software but it works well enough for me.

As or resolution, I have the Hero2, not as many settings as your has. But I shoot in 960 often (4:3 format) because you get height in the capture. Shooting widescreen limits the top/bottom. It works goof for two reasons, on a bike for example, you get to capture controls and further ahead. Also, you can zoom it to get 16:9 in post production. It keeps the width and crops top/bottom. You can shift the framing up/down and left/right too.

Microsoft movie maker is pretty good also. It has the stabilization feature but takes overnight to render on a 10-15 min video.
I now use a hero 3 silver and a 4 silver.
Loving the 4 with the built in touch screen and 4k
Most of my videos are for work and I can post most of them for that reason

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #155

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I've thought about doing that.

I shot a mountain bike video a while back - but didn't include the truck (but did include some segments of the trip GET to the ride. I about went back a different day to either do this, or set it up roadside and shoot the splashes as I drove through the pothole puddles on the road to get to the trail head.

Fun stuff.

141 - 160 of 161 Posts