Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in South Carolina for awhile so i met up with the 355ers over here. Great group of guys. Anyways we cruised up to NC where PCMs for less is and alvin custom tuned my truck as we were driving. Also a really cool dude. Since the tune my gas mileage has gotten better by a little and i can burn the tires like nothin now. The best thing about the tune was that now my transmission actually shifts like it should. Very very nice and firm. Thanks Alvin for the tune. I highly recommend PCMs for less.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah its pretty low already. Just high enough to clear curbs. Plus im buying a jet ski and i wanna tow it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hmmm...one of the few positive reviews I've heard about PCMforless, I'm definitely unhappy with my tune, but I'm happy that you got your money's worth.

·
5cylinder and Tire slayer
16,420 Posts
from what i've read the people who get tuned AT PCMforless love it.. but the ones with the mail order have problems...

·
Registered
24 Posts
from what i've read the people who get tuned AT PCMforless love it.. but the ones with the mail order have problems...
That might be a difference, but to me, you shouldn't offer something that you know has problems - right? I mean, that would be like a grocery store offering products in store and online, but when you get your meat and cheese from your online order, it's past the expiration date...

I mean 7/10 people I personally know that have had their tune (mail order) think it's the worst waste of $99 they could have possibly spent.

INTIMID8R - sorry to detract from your thread.

·
16,420 Posts
That might be a difference, but to me, you shouldn't offer something that you know has problems - right? I mean, that would be like a grocery store offering products in store and online, but when you get your meat and cheese from your online order, it's past the expiration date...

I mean 7/10 people I personally know that have had their tune (mail order) think it's the worst waste of $99 they could have possibly spent.

INTIMID8R - sorry to detract from your thread.
Yeah thats what I've heard. I was all ready to order mine untill I joined this site and read the TRUTH about the mail order ones..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do you have a stick?

I don't but Shady does, they rendered his truck completely useless...he put in his PCM and the truck wouldn't go over 10mph without shaking and stalling...he even mailed it back and let them do it again, same results.

Mine came back 4 days later than promised causing me to get a rental for those 4 days, all in all with the money I spent I could have had a GM tech tune it with a dyno.

:shrug:

I'm guess I'm just surprised that a company that can be so off can actually get something right, I am glad that INTIMID8R got some kind of value though.

·
16,420 Posts
Do you have a stick?

I don't but Shady does, they rendered his truck completely useless...he put in his PCM and the truck wouldn't go over 10mph without shaking and stalling...he even mailed it back and let them do it again, same results.

Mine came back 4 days later than promised causing me to get a rental for those 4 days, all in all with the money I spent I could have had a GM tech tune it with a dyno.

:shrug:

I'm guess I'm just surprised that a company that can be so off can actually get something right, I am glad that INTIMID8R got some kind of value though.

I wish, no mine is an auto..

Yeah I've heard bad things and I agree, im suprised they are still around or havent redone a TON of things from what I have heard.. pretty messed up, and id rather be slow and stock then "quicker" and have all the problems ive heard from the mail order tunes..

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I wish, no mine is an auto..

Yeah I've heard bad things and I agree, im suprised they are still around or havent redone a TON of things from what I have heard.. pretty messed up, and id rather be slow and stock then "quicker" and have all the problems ive heard from the mail order tunes..

When I bitched about my tune they offered to "have a look at it" like that would fix my complaints. And on top of that - I got screwed over on the loaner costs ( they charged me like an extra $40 over what they were supposed to ). Mail-order PCM4less FTMFL.

·
16,420 Posts
When I bitched about my tune they offered to "have a look at it" like that would fix my complaints. And on top of that - I got screwed over on the loaner costs ( they charged me like an extra $40 over what they were supposed to ). Mail-order PCM4less FTMFL.
yup, it was that LONG thread about all yall problems that I found on here when I joined, thats what keept me from ordering..

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
yup, it was that LONG thread about all yall problems that I found on here when I joined, thats what keept me from ordering..

We aim to please. :355:

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I do agree that it seems like their happiest customers are the people who have it done in person so I won't comment on their abilities or in-person tuning, but their mail order tunes are not what they advertise. At best they're good for people who only want a change in tire size IMO. I'll hopefully get some back to back dyno and track times to show the difference between my PCM4Less tune and a real tune sometime in the near future.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i love the tune. Its working great so far. I was barely getting use to it at this altitude. I mean it was night and day from New Mexico to South Carolina. But after the tune my tranny shifts awesome and i noticed a bit more power from what i had been feelin since i got here. I tried a burnout when i first got here and it was ok and farely easy. But once again after the tune its extremely easy. I smoked my tires just by flooring it from a stop for like 10ft or more. Its never done that before. Im very happy with it and im sorry that some of you guys have had problems. Personally i would never do a mail order tune because its just a generic tune that everyone gets. Every truck is different and unless its being tuned right there on the spot then you cant really understand what changes need too be made. As for the type of tune i got. For the most part its for mid grade fuel but the rest i would say is pretty agressive from what im use to.

·
16,420 Posts
hahahah, so thatd be a 10 hour trip for me, whew, have to think about that one lol but If I do you will be the FIRST to know! ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts