Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Low Speed, High Drag
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks, guys! This forum just saved a handful of people a world of heartache. :salute:

Here's the long version...
Howdy, my name is Will & I'm from Lawton, Ok.
Bought my new2me '07 Canyon on Dec. 16th and haven't seen it since. The CEL was on and I had it in writing that that situation would be rectified. At first, they thought it was the cam position sensor solenoid. Tried that & it didn't work out. Dealer decided to bite the bullet and replace the engine so that they weren't selling me a surgical patient. Cool, I can live with that.
Here's where you guys come in...
They were giving me a 2008 engine with 5,000 fewer miles. Sounds enticing, right? Well, thanks to the'NATION (and having nothing better to do other than lurk on here for the last two weeks,) I stumbled across this little tid-bit o' information: http://www.355nation.net/forum/i4-i5-engine-drivetrain/131289-2007-vs-2008-2-9-engine.html
Emailed that to the service mgr. He did his research and finding that info to be accurate, he forwarded my email to his engine guy who then did his research and found that he had incorrectly told my guy that it would work. Brings me to today, which is when I found all this out, engine guy is eating about a grand and an '07 Canyon engine (built in the same month as my original) should be delivered today with 5,000 even fewer miles. lol MAY finally have my truck on Friday....

Anyway, I just wanted you guys and dolls to know that I, for one, am extremely grateful for this killer forum! :cool:

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Good catch and welcome. 08' was a big year on the electrical changes and you would have had a bunch of headaches in swapping parts to be compatible with an 07' PCM.

Good luck with the truck when you get it. They have their quirks, but overall a great truck for the money.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Awesome!

Its great to hear feedback like this.

I will assume its safe to say you'll be back for more

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
:welcome2:

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
:welcome2: Glad this great forum helped you out from the get go!

·
Registered
833 Posts
This put a smile on my face reading this. After the bull shit of a day I've had. Oh and welcome to the Nation!!!! From South Carolina.. :welcome2::salute::355group:

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Welcome to the "Nation" !!!
You have found the only site you will need for your "355"
Congrats on your new addiction !!! LOL

·
Roll Damn Tide!
631 Posts
Love hearing stories like this, these and many other things is what makes this place so great!!!

·
Low Speed, High Drag
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks some more, guys! :)

Forgot to mention that I already have my first "mod" lined out! hehe
Only thing I've purchased for my new2me truck is a replacement reclining seat handle.
I'm committed to not buying any fun stuff until the truck is actually in my possession. And it hasn't been easy since I'm sitting on a couple of good gift cards from Christmas!
(Although I did fudge on that a little the other day and bought a cool little GMC keychain and some cheap floor mats...)
Also plan on upgrading my membership here & buying some swag to show my appreciation!

Supposedly, today is the big day.... Would absolutely figure since we are right at the precipice of a sucky winter ice storm.

Either way, the truck probably won't even make it straight to my driveway after leaving the dealership as I plan to immediately have the front windows and top of the windshield tinted.

I'll be sure to post some pics when she finally gets here. I'll have a few questions for you cats as well 'cause she ain't perfect! (Bumper has a pretty serious dimple and is raised up just a little, and it looks like some crazy, cowardly bitch keyed the Holy hell out of the drivers side! But, these minor issues are how I got the deal that I got.)

Ah, what the hell - here are some pics that I snagged from the dealers website as she sat on the lot when I bought it:

*note the broken recliner lever?! haha

The sales manager told me that they had a choice of either fixing the scratched paint, (can't see it in the pics, but believe me when I tell you that some scratches are down to the metal!) or replacing the tires. They wisely chose the tires. Obviously I agree with that decision, but now I'm kinda stuck with 'em.
The stock rims are entirely too small, but I don't plan on going crazy with customizing this thing. I bought it to be what it is - a small truck. Not lowering or lifting or anything radical. I dig the looks of those styles, but the roads in my area would eat a lowered truck alive!
And, I still just need to be able to haul home the occasional appliance and materials or whatever...
I'll keep y'all posted.

·
Low Speed, High Drag
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks, but due to the warranty that I am spending $2,499 on, I gotta steer clear of performance mods for a while. But, no doubt that there are certain things that I can do/get away with...(*wink wink * nudge nudge*)
Thanks, again!

There's something sexy about a Victory Red Ext. Cab.
I fully concur.

·
How d'ya like them apples
941 Posts
:salute:

wish I had a red one :bow2:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts