·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know the most cost effective way to get rid of it

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Pull the sensor if you have a manual tranny.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
i hit it all the time cruisin from tucson to phoenix, open freeway most the time and very rarely any cops, One time and only one time did it go over for some reason. Not sure how or why but it did. i got it to 110. and ranger bob what sensor?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where is the sensor at in the 3.5, because i have the manual and i can hit the governor in the top of third gear and i'm looking for a good way to get rid of it

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
It's under the truck on the transmission. But then your speedo won't work and some other things stop working also.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yea, the governer is annoying. Especially when I wake up late for school and hafta go wide open on the highway to get there in time. I've heard people say that if you just keep it on the gov for long enough, it'll burn up, but I don't wanna do that to my truck. So, when you say tune, do you mean like just getting a power programmer or something like that?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Yea, the governer is annoying. Especially when I wake up late for school and hafta go wide open on the highway to get there in time. I've heard people say that if you just keep it on the gov for long enough, it'll burn up, but I don't wanna do that to my truck. So, when you say tune, do you mean like just getting a power programmer or something like that?
pcmforless can provide a tune

or a local member with hptuners can do a custom tune for your truck.

no programmers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ummmm my speedo not working isn't really an option. So a tune it is......sooner or later.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
For good or just for that engine cycle?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts