Registered
508 Posts
The OP likely means the OnStar GPS.

Did ya steal a Colorado and don't want it located via GPS by chance? lol

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Did ya steal a Colorado and don't want it located via GPS by chance? lol
Now thats fuckin funny; I don't care who you are.

GM can also disable your vehicle via Onstar if you don't make your payments.......or so I have heard.

·
Member's Technical crew
12,060 Posts
Spooky noob is scaring me guys.
LOL Thats what I was thinking! Since when do noobs post up a question, then turn right around and actually half way answer their own question!

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Or you buy a model that does not have any of the cool guy stuff!

·
Member's Technical crew
12,060 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I actually want to know how to disable it because of a short that keeps making Onstar go 'Onstar Read--goodbye On-goodbye. Goodbye. Onsta-goodbye. Onstar Ready Goodbye' after removing mirror for a sunstrip tint. :mad:

Also, can't listen to my radio. :mad3:

Onstar told me that diagnostics showed a short (prolly overspray got in there). Of course, they tell me that after hanging up on them (automagically!) five times or so, haha.

I have no time to take it to the dealer, wherever Mr. Curt Warner decided to relocate it THANKS CURT WTF.

Seriously. I'm on edge from this shit. That lady's voice haunts me.

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
ppl can say what they want about the onstar, i personally like it. the sat-phone is a great bit if your on the hi-way alot and run into a no-cell zone and need to back a call. they remote door unlock is a great thing too. when i was home while back, i drove the truck and left my wallet in the center console. next day my mom took it to work since i had my car up there too. i had no wallet, i had no money and we were getting hungry. i tryed several time to call my mom at work, but she wasnt able to anser her cell. so i drove out to her work, found the truck in the lot, and called onstar on my cell. slight fib about locking keys in it, they unlocked the truck and i got my wallet out. also, when i got stuck in the lake and flooded the fuel system and needed a tow, onstar got me a free tow to the nearest dealer.

it sucks that your having problems with yours, hope they get fixed. i jus wanted to vouch for it being a good system.

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
never heard of LaPlata... had to google maps it... :lol:

but it doesnt seem that the OP cares too much, one post... unless he watching and hasnt said anything.... kinda creepy....

·
Harry...
13,936 Posts
LaPlata (well parts of it) is a shit hole.....thats why I asked. Plus its about an hour from me.

He could have very well stole it

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was on the fence about renewing onstar once my free year was up - all I used it for was to unlock my truck once. But, I do like the sat. phone since our weekend lake house has no cell reception & no land line. You can only keep the sat. phone working with an active onstar subscription so I renewed.

I don't like the "big brother" aspect of it - they can monitor if you're speeding, etc. and turn that info over to police if you are in an accident to be used against you.

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
dont speed? ya burn more gas that way. lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts