Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before I decided to make my LED 3rd brake light I had planned to use a 3rd brake light off a Great Wall Wingle that uses pretty much the same cab as a Colorado/Canyon. I still picked up one and decided I might use it in the future. It's all brake lights no cargo lights and its a different shade than stock WT light. I also got my vent visors from the dealer of these trucks.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Different... 4 sure ...

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
That brake light definitely looks to have a better seal than ours.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I decided to throw it on tonight. I took off the big bulky seal it came with and make my own using weather stripping. For some reason it doesn't sit as low as the Colorado one when flipped. I'll take a look at it in the morning. I will say I love having a full length brake light and the way it actually lights up looks better than stock. Will throw up some pics tomorrow

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here it is installed. Had to notch the screw holes on it to flip.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^^haha I wish...got other plans before that. If I ever repaint the truck then I would.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^well this isn't a chevy part. It's a Great Wall motors part which is similar to the Isuzu Dmax light. If you still want the number I can find it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
^^Only numbers I can make out on it are 22Q2NAAACH130711. I don't know if you can find anything with that, but if you search on ebay for Dmax brake light you will see it pop up. It's the same thing. The Dmax from 07-11 also came with a clear brake light and red LEDs and has a lil different shape but will work.

02-06

07-11 LED

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^^we gonna cut and shave...lol

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
That's the same as the W/T 3rd brake light. Mine is all red with Supermod LEDs and smoked

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well the OEM w/t ones have a different color red lens. The aftermarket all red ones have a similar color red lens to these but I couldn't find one that was in stock and plus I got these cheaper

1 - 20 of 20 Posts