Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody.
I have decided to register as a member to learn and get some tips about colorados. Unfortunately in my country there are not many colorados of the first generation, although there are many 2013- with diesel engines.
I have learned a little about it reading in forums and 90% of the spare parts of my colorado I have bought by amazon. Something quite expensive for taxes and freight. I have a 2007 crew cab 4x4 Z71 l5 3.7L. that I love and that's why I keep it.
And maybe I can contribute some of my experience since many times I have had to improvise since there are not many spare parts on this side.

Please be patient because my english is bad.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome to the Nation! I’d like to hear about your improvisations as I imagine you’ve had to be creative at times to keep your truck on the road. Check the forums for members who have parts for sale and don’t be hesitant to ask for help when needed,
And, don’t worry about your English. You’re doing better than a lot of us here!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you

most of the middle sized pickups truck in Costa Rica are diesel. Here there are two brands which share platform with the colorado 1st gen.
The almost perfect Isuzu D-Max and the chinese cheap copy Great Wall Wingle. from both of them I had have to adapt some suspension parts, like tie rod ends, ball joint, estabilizer bar. Always had to take them to a presicion mechanic to grind the thread and/or make it shorter.
The most adaptation I had have to do is the radiator from a Isuzu.
The front disc, caliper and the drum rear are the same as Isuzu.
Windshield is the same than Wingle and the back door (make some adjust) are Isuzu.

As you can see, mine is a Frankenstein but for now its engine and transmission run very well and had not have any issues with it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's funny to hear a first generation Colorado called a mid size. Everyone always tells me mines too small to even be considered a truck haha. Great work on keeping yours running!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts