Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone personally used the Griots Garage line of products?
http://www.griotsgarage.com/category/car+care/car+waxing/car+waxes+and+sealants.do
I have seen it a couple times on "car show" type programs on TV, but haven't heard or seen much else from them. Checked out there website and seem kinda like a Adams caliber product line.
Anyway, local auto parts store started carrying a small display lately and according to manager they haven't sold a single bottle. He said people apparently are turned away by the lack of ingredients on bottle..?
I was offered a free bottle to try, just curious if anyone had used this stuff before
Supposed to be a polisher type wax that helps remove swirl marks

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Let us kno how it turna out

·
Boost. Get's you laid.
2,400 Posts
Griot's is supposedly some of the "better" products on the market. As you said, comparative with Adams stuff.

I'll stick with my Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and Carnauba Wax. For the price, the shit is hard to beat.

·
Boost. Get's you laid.
2,400 Posts
It's really weird that it's labeled as a sealant, yet they describe it as a wax and polish.
It is technically a sealant. My understanding is a proper wax job "seals" the clearcoat. Well, until it (the wax) wears off anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Griot's is supposedly some of the "better" products on the market. As you said, comparative with Adams stuff.

I'll stick with my Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and Carnauba Wax. For the price, the shit is hard to beat.
that is what i use normally
i wouldnt have ran out and paid for this, but for free i couldnt pass it up
it been raining for 2 days, plus i bout to do a few things to truck, will see if its any good after that

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have the griots polisher and a line of their products, i have been very happy with everything that i have bought from them, and how the vehicle looks after I'm done.

this was taken right after i used the one step sealant

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
77 Posts
Griots has been around a long time. Some of their products are good, but they tend to be the Sharper Image of detail products.

Naming the product a One Step Sealant, then offering the description of a polish and wax in one is not accurate in detailling terminology.

Rich is on the right track, first off, a polish is used to correct the paint and is used seperately from a wax or sealant. All polish should be removed, prior to sealing the paint because the wax or sealant will make a chemical bond with the paint. Any impurities, such as residual polish, will interfere with this bond.

Next, there is a difference between a sealant and a wax. Waxes are natural ingredients used to protect your paint, the most well known is carnuba. Sealants are synthetic products used to seal your paint.

Having a polish and a sealant in the same bottle, as well as labeling a wax a sealant, is more of a gimick, increasing their Sharper Image image!

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
I, too, have used several of the Griot products and have found them to be of very good quality. I especially like their wheel cleaner. However, i have never used their waxes or polishes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts