Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The LM7 came with this ground wire at the left back of the engine block. Any body knows where to install it? Is the factory LH8 fitted with this wire. Thanks for help

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
I looked in the Service Manual and it shows only two ground points, both on the left side of the block, near the front. I looked around at the back of my engine and didn't see any braided ground wire. Do you know what vehicle that the engine was removed from (year/model)? I might be able to find something in that vehicle's Service Manual.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Maybe a ground strap to the transmission?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a LM7 from a 2005 silverado according to the seller. On those trucks, this wire is connected to the firewall.
cart7881, may I see some pics of the 2 grounds on the left of the block, thanks in advance?

·
Administrator
8,889 Posts
It is a LM7 from a 2005 silverado according to the seller. On those trucks, this wire is connected to the firewall.
cart7881, may I see some pics of the 2 grounds on the left of the block, thanks in advance?
Correct, one of GM tricks to improve spark. You may want to ground both heads.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will ground all to be sure there is no lost connection. Battery to block, to heads, chassis, and firewall. Any other location suggestion?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Excellent, that will be a good option for any talkative passenger. lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts