Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
World Traveler
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning 355Nation,

I have contacted Andrew @ Mayhem Metal Works, and he has agreed to give us a group buy rate on the steering rack mount kits for the H3/Colorado/Canyon/I-series

A little about this product:

Steering Rack Mount Kits. H3 / Chevy Colorado / GMC Canyon

This kit replaces the poorly designed pass side mount with a two piece 6061 aluminum clamp and replaces the soft rubber drivers side bushings with press fit UHWM bushings. Installing this kit will help prevent your rack from breaking in half during hard off road use and removes all of the steering slop caused by your rack moving around in the weak/worn factory mounts. This is the only kit on the market that uses two extra clamp bolts to spread the clamp load over and larger area and provide even clamping force.

Kit includes:
-Pass side rack clamp

-Drivers side replacement bushings
-Tool to press the drivers side bushings out/in
-All required hardware
-Instruction manual

IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT THIS KIT:
-Installation requires removing the steering rack from the vehicle
-Proper installation is vital to the safety of your steering system. We recommend that this kit be installed by a qualified technician.
-Because we have no control over the quality of the installation process we recommend this product for off-road use only

All Mayhem Metal Works’ products carry a lifetime warranty against failure during Normal use. Normal use for most of our products includes extreme rock crawling, high speed bashing and even some racing.
All warranty claims are considered on a case by case basis and cover replacement of the covered part only. This warranty does not cover any consequential damage.
Component parts from other manufacturers provided as part of a “kit” or “system” may carry different warranty coverage.

He offered:

1-9 -5% ($10)
10-14 -7.5% ($15)
15+ -10% ($20)

FREE SHIPPING as always and discounted shipping to Canadian Members.

NEW CLOSING DATE: AUGUST 16TH, 2014

He mentioned that these would be built to order as he only has 2 or 3 on shelf.
Andrew said he would be more than happy to answer any questions regarding this product, just email him at [email protected]

If your interested and would like one, PM me and I will add you to the list.
1. o8isuzui290 (355)
2. LilRedRidnHood (355)
3. cdk (355)
4. 05dream_chaser (355)
5. highfive1 (CFans)
6. gonzo8900 (355)
7. nmatcek (355)
8. lionking83 (355)
9. IrishZ71 (355)
10. z85canyon (355)
11. lnh (CFans) / lnhiv (355)

:salute:

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Good product, gives a nice solid feel as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
When I am on a concrete highway the joints in the flag/ expansion cracks
Make my steering wheel shutter up and down annoyingly.
Would this kit help to remedy that ?
If so I may be up for it . Do you have the kit Hmm....

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
I emailed him to make sure it will work on a ZQ8. If the answer is affirmative I'm in.

·
World Traveler
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I am on a concrete highway the joints in the flag/ expansion cracks
Make my steering wheel shutter up and down annoyingly.
Would this kit help to remedy that ?
If so I may be up for it . Do you have the kit Hmm....
I'm not sure about this?

I believe @hmmbagodden has this product and also @Undead Rado maybe?

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
Easiest way to check is have someone turn the wheel back and forth with the truck on the ground and crawl under and watch the rack, if it's moving up and down then your bushing(s) are shot. I went through 2 stock ones then bought the kit

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Undead has a good suggestion there as I don't fully understand what the up/down shudder is. There was play in the rack on my '06 and I went ahead & installed this kit last year -- I only had ~10kmi at that time so I didn't notice a huge improvement.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ok I'll check that out to see , with 137k on the clock they probably seen better days .
Yeah it bounces like a super ball maybe an 1/8 to 1/4 inch about 3 or 4 times per flag.
Annoying as all heck. sorry to kinda rob the thread !!

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
I bet it's worn with that many miles, i know my crank and big tires made it worse on mine but I went through 2 by about 90,000 miles. The front tip of my drivers tire would move at least and inch one way or the other before the pass side moved, the rack would rise and fall until it bottomed out in the bushing

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hey guys I have a different type steering bracket but it is worth every penny and the install job. Hardest part in the install is doping the rack but about a 2hr job max.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Been meaning to get this. I'm in for one.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts