Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone in the detriot area got a new used gt4 3.73 rear

i found one on fox auto in beleville for about 500 i figured id ask on here too

i got in an accident about a week ago and messed up my rim and tire. i fixed that and had an alignment but i noticed my rear wheel wobbleing as im driving. i still need to make sure its not a bent rim but im thinking it may be a bent axle shaft and i figure i might as well replace the whole damn thing because it cost about the same

well anyways if your up in michigan or possibly Ohio and have a rear that has lower milage on it let me know what u may want for it. trying to find some options

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have an extra 3.73 rear end sitting around I've been trying to sell. 110k miles on it, but in good condition. It's the wider Axle from a Z85 4x4 (Same width as the Z71s)

Big problem is I'm on the other end of the country, but I could probably get it to you for 300-350 total. Looking for 150 for it, shipping should be 150-200. Was the last time I checked. Brake hardware not included, I used it on the new axle.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
anyone in the detriot area got a new used gt4 3.73 rear

i found one on fox auto in beleville for about 500 i figured id ask on here too

i got in an accident about a week ago and messed up my rim and tire. i fixed that and had an alignment but i noticed my rear wheel wobbleing as im driving. i still need to make sure its not a bent rim but im thinking it may be a bent axle shaft and i figure i might as well replace the whole damn thing because it cost about the same

well anyways if your up in michigan or possibly Ohio and have a rear that has lower milage on it let me know what u may want for it. trying to find some options
Correct me if I’m wrong here but, if the axle shaft itself were bent, not only would the wheel wobble, so would the drum and possibly bind the brake shoes. You would feel it in braking like a warped drum. If it’s bad enough, well, you get the picture. If it’s braking ok, it most likely is only the rim. Swap it with the wheel from the other side and see. If it still wobbles, bent axle, if not, bent wheel, which will be wobbling on the other side. Cost or not, it’s a hell of a lot less work then swapping a rear end. Besides, it's hard for me to think a rim would cost $500.00.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.