Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this email from Garrit last night:

The Crew Cab Canyon/Colorado/I-370 rear 5-link air suspension kit is complete and available to order. The crew cab kit looks exactly the same as the standard and extended kit we are currently selling with only minor modifications .The kit will also be $1499.95 and will come with slam specialties air bags, Doetsch shocks and frame notch. We currently have a waiting list for upper & lower control arms that will be released within the next 3 weeks. If anybody would like to be on waiting list for upper & lower control arms to ensure you will get a set during the first run, please give us a call.

Thank You
Garrit Hunt
Partner/Fabricator
GTC Fabrication
www.GTCfabrication.com
[email protected]
Phone: 208-407-2704
Fax: 1-866-420-0766

Thank You
Tysen Hunt
Partner/CFO
GTC Fabrication
www.GTCfabrication.com
[email protected]
Phone:208-629-6177
Fax: 1-866-420-0766

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
So pretty much $1500 to bag the rear and lay frame back there.... How much are they planning on charging for a complete front setup and what all does that intail?

Sorry, but I am just curious since I know shitz when it comes to bagging vehicles.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So pretty much $1500 to bag the rear and lay frame back there.... How much are they planning on charging for a complete front setup and what all does that intail?

Sorry, but I am just curious since I know shitz when it comes to bagging vehicles.
This is from their website:

We are working towards finalizing all of our standard & king cab Canyon/Colorado rear kits. Our 3 and 5 link weld on kits are completed and the 3 and 5 link bolt on versions are coming next. The rear kits are designed to lay out on 22 inch rims and allow up to 24” rims with minor modifications. Through out this process we will be addressing the crew cab Canyon/Colorado rear kit situation and developing a kit for that platform based on the 3 & 5 link kits we currently produce .Once we have finished all of the rear kit variations that we will be offering, we will be moving to the front end. For the front end we will be making upper and lower control arms designed around Contitech 2600 and Slam Specialties air bags and allow you to lay out on 22 inch rims. In order to allow for the room for 22’s in the front we will be working to have a special hydro-boost braking system made for us that we will carry on our site. This braking system will free up critical space under the hood needed to run 22’s and enhance braking performance at the same time. In short you can see that we are going in sequential order to address all of the issues you would confront as you were working to lay your Canyon/Colorado out on 22’s. We are working as rapidly as possible to always get to the next thing on our list without compromising our high level of quality. We are sure that once you own some of our fabricated products you’ll see and appreciate what we mean.

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
Wow, wish I could buy another Canyon.... Maybe I will go pick up a cheap ass Isuzu and change everything about it :lmao:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Nice i almost have money saved up for the 5link for the back, man i cant wait me and my buddies will be baggin this bitch come spring time...

·
Registered
763 Posts
i wonder how much a pair of the control arms will be?

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
nice I wonder if they could do a strut bag setup for the front

edit sent them a e-mail about it

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
dragging is a negative for me as well. i just think a bag is a better choice. i've known people who have had both setups on trucks.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
dragging is a negative for me as well. i just think a bag is a better choice. i've known people who have had both setups on trucks.
dragging can be fun for kicks but I'm not looking to drop to the frame since I have a body kit with sits lower and rather not drag that

·
Registered
466 Posts
you could bag the entire truck for 1500, but I guess being that the 'rado replaced the s-10 this was inevitable. I think stuff like this is great for people that don't have the means to do stuff themselves i just think it's highway robbery too.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you could bag the entire truck for 1500, but I guess being that the 'rado replaced the s-10 this was inevitable. I think stuff like this is great for people that don't have the means to do stuff themselves i just think it's highway robbery too.
$1500 for a full bag job???? :eek:

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
well if you consider all the R&D and labor thats been done already its not that bad of a deal I think

now the turbo kits that are like 4-5 grand yeah thats where I think its robbery

1 - 20 of 43 Posts