Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Fred Savage
1,607 Posts
I'm really trying to get this Alabama chapter put on the map around here guys but I can't do it alone.
I'm with you on this! Should be able to get a good thing going now with a handful of us relatively close.

I would like to know if any of you are any good with wood working. No, not the "gay" kind. Thanks though. Lol. I really need help with this console I'm trying to build.
Don't know too much other than the basics but I can lend an extra set of hands on Saturday :shrug:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I'm not gonna be able to get off for Saturday. Damn Walmart Bastards.

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Fred Savage
1,607 Posts
Guess its just the 3 amigos again then! or 3 musketeers, whatever you prefer.

Meeting time and place? Anyone been to this show before? I'm guessing it'll be more low profile than ardmore but do we need to go early for good spots or anything? They should hook us up with some VIP treatment since we're a 'club'. Did you make sure and tell them we're a nation-wide stock s-10 club?! I hear they love those!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Hey, I will bring a portable radio if no one has one. I will just bring the skirts hotwater from the grand am and the little bit of sound deadener I have. This show might be our best chance of winning some kind of award so I will def be there. Where are we meeting up at btw?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Guess its just the 3 amigos again then! or 3 muskequeers, whatever you prefer.

Meeting time and place? Anyone been to this show before? I'm guessing it'll be more low profile than ardmore but do we need to go early for good spots or anything? They should hook us up with some VIP treatment since we're a 'club'. Did you make sure and tell them we're a nation-wide stock s-10 club?! I hear they love those!
:lmaop:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
i dont work near as much as it seems. 45+ hours a week i work 9-10 hours a day 5 days a week. usually work on the weekends though. i need to finish my EMT-B shit and get out of wally hell...

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Creamer- sorry you can't make it bro. I was looking forward to it. Give me a shout one day when you get a day or two off and we'll link up. Seeing as I don't work, I am "usually" available. hahaha

Gunny- How are you planning to get to Guntersville? Are you cutting across or are you going down the parkway through Arab then into G'ville?

I am emailing the people this morning to find out about the early registration. I think that if I let them know we are coming, they'll save us a spot. Probably still need to get there early though. I think the gates open to the general public at 8 am. So at the latest, I would guess between 7:30 and 7:45. Besides, my mother in law will be here. lol. I'm happy to get an early start.

As far as meeting up, it depends on two things. The first is, I have to find out exactly where the park is. There's like 300 in Guntersville. lol. The second is the direction you guys come from. If you go cross country, we would have to meet up in G'ville. However, if you drive this direction, We can meet up in Arab and convoy down the mountain. It's up to you guys. Bringing that stuff would be great! Don't forget your portable shade man!!! lol. I'll go grab those tires from storage today and have them here for you.

Ski - I am going to ensure that they know about our nationwide pimped out S10 status'. They should be able to give us a vip section with red carpet to park on and the velvet ropes where the security guards keep watch. lmao!

Try to give me an idea of what you are bringing for afterwards. That way I know what to pick up on Friday. The wife is making a cake, lol. She is also making jalapenos wrapped in bacon and stuffed with cream cheese. I'm going into Huntsville tomorrow to grab a new spool of wire for the welder. And I've got a crap ton of most everything else. Tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to drink a few beers and get the truck ready for the show. So if anyone's just chillin' you're welcome to come work on yours early as well.

And finally, yes matt. I think that we may actually stand a chance at something other than a $20 dash plaque that you pay for at registration. Let's keep fingers crossed and say a little prayer that we can make something happen at this one. Well, other than watch Bubba and his three cousins take the top spots cuz their other cousin is the judge and their wife and maybe half sister. HAHAHAHAHAHA. God, I'm such an asshole!!! lmao.

·
Fred Savage
1,607 Posts
According to the website its this park:
Marshall County Park #1, Guntersville, AL

I'll bring hamburgers and/or hotdogs with buns if you guys actually tell me what you want to eat! haha And I'll bring some cervecas! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Attn: update:

Although we will be one vehicle short, we will be given the club entrance fee. So $10. Here is the last email from them:

we had said at least 4 ...........but you are close enough......... [email protected]#we are planning to park you near the lake and the with the British Car Club out of Huntsville. [email protected]# Be sure to tell the folks that you are a car club and tell the folks at the registration desk that you are a CLUB.... fee is $10 for a club.

Be sure to bring a portable radio and tune to 87.7 to get all the details at the [email protected]#show...... [email protected]#On the back of the voting sheet is a scheduled list of things that will be going on.......... [email protected]#We may change some of the times.

Have a great day........... eat a lot........ win a bunch......... see you at River Run

Larry

21 - 40 of 63 Posts