Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bagged Bomber
10,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about doing this but I think i read somewhere where whoever did it was very unhappy with the results of gutting. Anyone have more info on the 08? I think i remember seeing that some codes poped up and it sounded like crap. Im thinking about doing this saturday so lmk please.

thanks guys
nick

·
5cylinder and Tire slayer
16,420 Posts
hmmmmmm, i'm interested in seeing why he didn't like it.. I love'd mine (im in an 04 tho)

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Here's the pm I sent unicknn

The cat on the 07-08 manifold is larger than the 04-06. Some people have had issues on the 04-06 that make the exhaust sound like there is a leak but its just from air entering the hollow chamber, they say it goes away after a while. Well because of the size difference, mine sounded like a HORRIBLE exhaust leak, all the time. It was so annoying and never got better. I also did not feel any power, and I think my gas mileage may have went down. The cat chamber is just too large to gut it and leave it. I highly recommend against it. Could have been a costly mistake but I got a good deal on a stock manifold.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
i had my transmission replaced under warranty after I had gutted my cat. who told you this?
The voices in his head who push him to spread mis-information :naughty:

I had my head replaced with the cat gutted, the truck tuned, intake, exhaust, trans servo :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts