Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to do my system and wondering if anyone knew of any high output alternators made for our trucks??????

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not really sure if I'll need one or not. I'm still in the process of getting everything together. I'm going to upgrade the "Big 3", run a dry cell and then I guess we'll see. I'm just trying to cover my bases first.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OUCH!!!! That's expensive!!!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well thats the thing, that is the only company I have seen that makes them, so they can pretty much make the price whatever they want, anyways if you guys find another company let us know
PLEASE!!!

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Shouldn't any starter/alternator shop be able to make your stock alternator a higher output?

P

·
0 Posts
Shouldn't any starter/alternator shop be able to make your stock alternator a higher output?
i was thinking that, i remember i had my alternator worked on to make it a higher output on my older car, just any alternator shop can do it.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
i was thinking that, i remember i had my alternator worked on to make it a higher output on my older car, just any alternator shop can do it.
Exactly, there's an automotive electrical shop in the town I live in and they can do stuff like that. I know there has to be plenty of others out there, most people probably just don't realize they exist.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Be careful with just having the alternator modified for more power. If they don't upgrade the diodes in the rectifier, it probably won't do much more anyway. I've found the best way is to get a new HO alternator designed from the ground up. That way it can have a housing designed to keep it adequately cool, a proper sized rectifier, and good windings for the task. For a really good HO alternator, $279 isn't such a bad price.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had a company called SVA Power build one for my Tiburon. They are based in Canada but I had a very good experience with them (I had the alternator before I ever paid him). I sent them an email about prices.

www.svapowerproducts.com

RESPONSE:
Can you call me at 1-888-214-7774, pretty difficult to discuss your situation over the phone. You have acouple of options, none that are easy or cheap, and it will depend a lot on what you are doing with it to which way you should go.
Raymond

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's been over a year, did anyone find an aftermarket HO unit that's any good? I've gotten down to 12 volts on the interstate with just the stereo and A/C on. I still have another amp, 4 speakers to go. I'm gonna have to use the headlights one day, uh, night!

·
Registered
57 Posts
eBay Store - Iraggi Alternator and Electronics: Dominator Series Alternators, Amputator Series Alternators, OEM Alternators

Dom Iraggi makes very good alts! He is a sponsor of Steve Meade of So cal. Who is sponsored by Rockford and many others.

stevemeadedesigns.com - Home
I believe he's a site sponsor, because Steve Meade uses powermaster alts. I purchased an alternator from Iraggi about 4 months ago with a 1 year warranty and I have not been able to get a hold of Dom in order to get a replacement or a repair.
If any one has been able to contact him let me know, I have tried direct email,ebay messages,2 phone numbers and nothing.

But, I can definitely recommend any of the one below, because I still have them running strong.
Excessive Amperage: Excessive Amperage - High output alternators by C.S.A.,
Ohio Gen: Home
Alterstart: (Alterstart Systems Inc - ) Alterstart Dallas Texas or eBay Motors: 04-06 CHEVY COLORADO NEW HI OUTPUT ALTERNATOR 200 AMPS (item 130240728918 end time Sep-19-08 12:51:52 PDT)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts