Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I just came across this on Summit Racing.

It is just the housing so you would have to put all the guts in it but it might be an option if you are having a hard time finding a full axle.

·
Registered
2007 Colorado LT Z85 3.7, 4" Rancho lift, Pro-Comp struts, Airlift rear bags
26 Posts
I wish I could find the link but I found a version of the g80 that was from a car that would fit that axle housing. I think it was on a Camaro or something.

·
Registered
2007 Colorado LT Z85 3.7, 4" Rancho lift, Pro-Comp struts, Airlift rear bags
26 Posts
Plenty of cars have had an lsd on the front. They unlock over a certain speed anyway. I've had a fwd car with an lsd. They are fairly popular with dodge neon srt4 owners for instance.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I got one of these from Rockauto. Also bought the factory front E-locker from them. Took it to a diff shop and had it put together with 4.11 gears.
How is this working out for you? And did you keep your aluminum axle tube and just bolt the cast iron diff housing on? Thinking of getting one of the housings from summit but worried about the aluminum tube being a weak point. I don’t have a way to easily gusset cast aluminum either.

·
Registered
87 Posts
How is this working out for you? And did you keep your aluminum axle tube and just bolt the cast iron diff housing on? Thinking of getting one of the housings from summit but worried about the aluminum tube being a weak point. I don’t have a way to easily gusset cast aluminum either.
My truck is a factory V8 so it has the cast iron axle tube. Works good so far. The biggest issue so far is low quality aftermarket H3 axles. The inner CV is a different design that is cheaper to manufacture but the trade off is binding at full droop. I have reman'd OEM ones to go back in soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts