Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hey I'm thinking about doing this swap, how has it been so far?? Can you post a few more pics of the stance and whatnot please? Did you end up swapping to the H3 front diff?
I found a complete front and rear end for 1500 bucks.....very tempted
And deadly write up by the way!!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
In order for the 4" drop crossmember to be used, you would need 4" lift spindles as well, and the torsion bar relocators (for the H3) No one makes them anymore and they're nearly impossible to find. But......I did some research and I believe I've come up with a solution, though I've yet to get all the parts rounded up to try it.
I believe the H3 hubs will bolt up to a Chevy avalanche spindle, and the brake rotors are the same. BDS sells 4.5" lift spindles separately for fairly cheap. You'd also need to get upper control arms, from Michigan Metal Works. They sell a pretty sweet set of uppers for the H3, just have to ask em to fit them with the avalanche ball joint style, so it will indeed work with the BDS spindles. And lastly, RealLift will make you a set of the 4" torsion bar drop adapters for fairly cheap as well, but with all the extra room the custom uppers give you, may as well ditch the torsion bars and throw on some coilovers!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Alignment is ok now. But having issues with cv joint binding and clicking (replaced drivers side already). CV angle is far from bad, almost straight. Not quite sure what's going on. Might try to use the canyon inner cv joint on the h3 halfshaft

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm just wondering if the mounting points from left to right are slightly narrower on our frames, hence the tie rods being a bit long, and maybe the cv axles as well

1 - 20 of 106 Posts