Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
04, 05, 12 colorado.
14 Posts
Did something similar. Took the suspension from a 08 Silverado. Also took the drivetrain. Truck was originally a 2wd with torsion bar suspension now it’s a 4wd with coil overs and a wider stance. Still working on wiring, got it starting up, just need to do the electronic 4wd and tie in wires to the fuse box. One day I’ll make a forum but that’s so much typing😵

·
Registered
5 Posts
hhhhmmmm Silverado eh lol how was the control arm bolt up or did you have to change a whole bunch of stuff

·
Registered
5 Posts
So been chatting with the guys at Michigan metal works about their custom colorado/canyon/h3 control arms, since I'm doing the H3 conversion I wanted their tubular upper arms but also inquired about tubular lower arms with an eyelet shock mount over the clevis mount, just need to send them a H3 lower arm so they can jig it up so guess I'll be the guinea pig and give it a go cost should be about $900 to $1500 USD for the set.
Also asked about steering knuckles and they said they could do them too but bit pricey if anybody wanted to forward and get them, I'm not planning onto least right now little too steep for my wallet with everything else I would need on top of just the knuckles, plus I can still get the travel I want once I get the coil-over mounted up and a upper mounted bump stop, don't need my tire jamming in the wheel well since I'll be cutting mine off to squeeze the coil-over in.
Be about $1000 to $1500 for the FOA 2.0 dual rate 8" travel reservoir coil-over depending on the upgrades and tuning I get, really like the 2.5 reservoir upgrade with external adjuster not too sure if I want the triple rate kit with a tender spring maybe if I can squeeze a 10" in but doubt that with the factory crossmember.
Did think if I can push the lower shock mount closer to the tire like the long travel arms are I might be able too but not entirely sure if I can get any closer
How far does the shock sit on the H3 lower arm does anyone think it's possible to move the shock closer since I could get them to leave it off the control arm so I can weld it in myself after I got everything lined up or do you guys think there would be tire/rim rub of some sort or the arm hitting the upper control arm ? I know if I can get the angle just right I can get some good travel out of the setup, how much travel do you guys get now with the bump stop cut off roughly ?

41 - 47 of 47 Posts