81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah I'll measure the rack tomorrow, pretty sure they're the same though

·
Registered
76 Posts
So I swapped out my rack for the h3 rack. The h3 rack bolts up just the same, but the inner "tube" in the rack is actually about 1 1/4" narrower, explaining why the h3 tie rods were a bit too long when installed with the 355 rack

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yup but if you notice on Rockauto there are 2 different sized inner tie rod ends so you need to make sure to get the shorter ones

·
Registered
39 Posts
So on the tie rods if you're going to keep the 355 rack run 355 inner tie rods with H3 outers. Or just trim up H3 inners.
ABS just needs the 355 truck side connector spliced on the H3 sensor.
CVs I have Cardone brand aftermarket CVs in mine and the dont bind at all.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Another side note: the little u-joint on my steering shaft was extremely tight to the top post of the front shock, had to trim the post. Also installed the h3 sway bar. The sway bar mounts were a bit bigger, so I just used the rear bolt holes, and welded the front. Everything lines up nice. Just waiting for new tie rods to come in tomorrow, as I chopped mine too short to work with the H3 rack..... then I'll put er to the full test

·
Registered
76 Posts
Obviously still waiting to buy new cv axles haha shits getting expensive

·
Registered
76 Posts
Definitely rides better. And the gearing is wayyy better. I'm happy so far

·
Registered
76 Posts
We'll see if the sway bar helps more, but otherwise it seems less sketchy/fidgety overall. I'll bag it hard tomorrow once shes back together, and let y'all know

81 - 95 of 95 Posts