Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

141 - 160 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Way cool, I'm still patiently waiting on the avalanche spindle theory lol if that doesn't work, god forbid, I may just bite the billet and buy an h3 4" lift kit for the spindles and send them over to mmw for the rest of you lol

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've looked and looked, they're pretty much obsolete......and MMW would charge around $2500 just to build the spindles from scratch....this is why the Avalanche spindle theory MUST work lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
😂😂 I hope it works, after a lot of digging I've found one. If the avalanche doesn't pan out but we went to MMW with a decent sized order I bet they wouldn't have an issue with dropping the price a bit

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you actually found an H3 4" kit, you need nothing besides the MMW tubular upper control arms (for the space required to fit the coils) . Yet another thing to remember, we'll have to likely cut out our top shock mounts and weld in hoops, plus maybe a hoop to hoop (up over engine) support member for strength

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'll be swapping to a ls7, that's in the works, but I want to get the torsion components out first lol; a couple of thoughts I had were 1.) Could I use my rancho spindle with the h3 cnyrol arms, 2.) I wonder if MMW would be able to modify my rancho spindle so the h3 hubs and brakes could go on it..

·
Registered
148 Posts
Modifying the spindles wouldn't be easy. They're cast. Probably unsafe to attempt. As for the hoops, just research a few different prerunner builds to see what I mean. You can get pre fabbed hoops too, just gotta cut to fit or whatever, then weld on the upper coilover mounts. Then I was thinking run a support from one hoop to the other up over the engine for added strength. Best advice is to research more prerunner builds and borrow their ideas haha

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm still waiting on this guy to pull these Avalanche parts for me....he said he was waiting for it to warm up a bit, a few days ago

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm sure he'll be able to get it done today, its warm out. I was thinking, if this works out, I'm dubbing it the "Hummeradolanche" hahaha

·
Registered
148 Posts
Haha that works. My truck is the terrible yellow color, I call it the mustard tiger hahah. Got a perfect dark metallic gray body to swap though, cant wait!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mustard tiger😂 I'm dying 😂😂 my trucks name is pretty simple but straight forward. Little Man. Question for you, I was looking at the fox shocks and clevis you posted up, how do you plan on hooking the clevis to that shock? Does the bottom eye unscrew from the shock?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Okay that makes sense. I was talking to an engineer at my college who races buggies and he said if we're going to do any hardcore off roading he recommends steel lowers as well, cast, if it holds at first, will wear out prematurely and snap. I asked MMW what they'd quote tubular lowers for an h3 would run, waiting on an answer

·
Registered
148 Posts
I wont be doing any offroad racing haha, this is my daily driver. Theres no way I'll spend a bunch more money just for fancy lowers, the cast ones are plenty tough enough for such a light truck. If you're going that hard, may as well just build a full cage race truck

141 - 160 of 190 Posts