·
Registered
2,725 Posts
huh were the h3 guys at or maybe it should be asked on pirate4x4

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive looked into the fuel pumps and they are different part nunbers. Probably has to do with length of the unit. So tank and pump would be needed for sure. Going from 19 to 23 gallons would be nice. That is an extra 75 miles in a tank for me. I could get over 400 miles out of a tank. Not bad for long distance driving.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
hmm dont know think it would be better to just add an in bed tank and plumb it into the stock tank i drew one up came out to 54 gal lol it filled the space between the cab and the fenders 6ft bed

·
Members Technical Staff
2,499 Posts
Interesting tidbit. I'm interested in more information.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
for the guys who really want a bigger tank, have one made. use the stock colorado fuel pump, and have someone make you a aluminum tank to fit your needs.

probably be about the same price of attempting an h3 swap by the time you make it all work

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Think so.?.? (Don't take that negatively)

I have located a tank for $100. My initial inquire was from a random thought on increasing capacity. I figured that since the H3 was basically the same frame that it might be an easy candidate. Not sure how much a custom tank costs, but I can weld one up myself. I dont have experience in fuel tank design and I don't currently have tons of free time or equipment at home to fab and weld. Wish I did though...

if the mounting locations are the same and it fits under the bed/cab, it shouldn't be much effort from there right? Aside from electrical connections and filler neck connection location. What else needs to be considered?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts