Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ima keep this simple.. Mine are wore out and I don't feel like spending $1200 on a reman ACDelco rack just for bushings. Do h3 bushings fit? They don't come with a rack they're separate. They're also fairly cheap, my cost at work.

Sent from crappy AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
tagged...
Good question.

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
$200 for poly bushings and an alluminum clamp that eliminates rack movement.. They work good I have one

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
they "should" work, given that they use the same steering rack, buy them and try them out, if they dont work... you will only be out 30 bucks.

That being said.. replacing those bushings is a band-aid fix, the mayhem rack kit will completely cure all steering rack issues.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I vote that you should buy my rack mount kit like these guys are telling you too :)
To answer your question, The answer is no, the H3 rack bushings will not fit, The bushing style on the Colorado/Canyon changed half way through 2006 and all of the H3's have the new style bushing which is much smaller than the ones on your truck

·
the guy that always on
3,237 Posts
I vote that you should buy my rack mount kit like these guys are telling you too :)
To answer your question, The answer is no, the H3 rack bushings will not fit, The bushing style on the Colorado/Canyon changed half way through 2006 and all of the H3's have the new style bushing which is much smaller than the ones on your truck
The bushings changed in 06 so Im doubtful that they will work

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
141 Posts
Update: they sell a bushing separate from the rack on a 2012 canyon 4x4.

Did they ever change rack from the 4x4's over the years?

Sent from crappy AutoGuide.com Free App
2wd and 4x4 both changed to the new style small bushing in mid 06 (same bushing as the H3) Your 05 will have the old large bushing so none of the newer stuff will fit it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts