Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have found these rims and just wanted to inquire before purchasing.

Are all H3 rims a direct bolt on replacement for Canyons and Colorados? I don't want to purchase and then have to modify the rims.

Thank you,

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
They look to have the big hub, so should fit just fine. Somewhere I have seen that the offset may be a little different though?

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
Looks to me like the center bore is big enough, you should be fine

·
Registered
366 Posts
x3 on the bore looking good. Good looking set of wheels. Wish I could had found those ones when I was looking for h3s

·
Registered
366 Posts
What is the offset and what does it affect?
Did a quick search this is what I came up with on specs.

"width is 7.5", offset is 30mm, and back spacing is 5.5" "

With mine I rubbed a lil on the sway bar at full crank going over bumps or flexing. But I removed my sway bar to take care of that :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
I use these rims for my studded winter tires. I use 1/4" spacers (I used an online wheel calculator to compare offset between these rims and the OEM 17" rims).

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1415039636.647192.jpg

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
what kind of winter tires do you have ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the help!

Just an update:

I did pull the trigger on these and recently did a trial test fit.

The center bore is still a little small, by like 8mm according to various specs found during searching. So now to hone these out a little.

Now to find tires that will fit the rims and not rub anywhere! I'm thinking about some 235/70/16 or 265/70/16

Stock config is 235/75/15 Steelies on 07 W/T Canyon

Any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Please confirm with the manufacturer sticker on the driver door jamb that your stock W/T tire is 235/75-15. I thought the stock was a 205 or 225 width at the largest, especially on a 6" wide wheel.

What has been done to the wheels currently? You said they are still not bored out with a large enough diameter. How were they enlarged already?

You can get a 265/70-16 on a leveled out 4x4 Z85 so it's unlikely it will fit your 2wd W/T truck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Please confirm with the manufacturer sticker on the driver door jamb that your stock W/T tire is 235/75-15. I thought the stock was a 205 or 225 width at the largest, especially on a 6" wide wheel.

What has been done to the wheels currently? You said they are still not bored out with a large enough diameter. How were they enlarged already?

You can get a 265/70-16 on a leveled out 4x4 Z85 so it's unlikely it will fit your 2wd W/T truck.

Sorry, I meant the H3 rims needed to be bored out a little not the Steelies.
I will double check the door jamb when I get back home Saturday.

I am not sure what modifications / stock configurations GM made to the chassis cab trucks.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Sorry, I meant the H3 rims needed to be bored out a little not the Steelies.
I will double check the door jamb when I get back home Saturday.

I am not sure what modifications / stock configurations GM made to the chassis cab trucks.
I understand that you need the H3 rims bored. You said they are still too small. I wonder how you tried getting them to fit already.

Were they bored incorrectly or were they filed, cut, etc?
I just want to be sure somebody didn't take a grinder or something and mill them out of balance.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I understand that you need the H3 rims bored. You said they are still too small. I wonder how you tried getting them to fit already.

Were they bored incorrectly or were they filed, cut, etc?
I just want to be sure somebody didn't take a grinder or something and mill them out of balance.
Nothing has been done to the H3's yet. They are still stock. I thought they would be a direct bolt on mod, but they are not.

Test fit was just removing current wheel and placing new one on the hub. 8mm difference is hard to see just by looking, with out measuring.

I plan to use a honing tool to bore these out to fit. Thank you for the out of balance comment, so I will be careful while doing this. I shouldn't have said "still".

Thank you looking out!

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
My H3s were a direct bolt on (albeit with a 1/4" spacer to keep stock spacing)...

The H3 used the same hub assembly as the 355 I thought, so I'm curious why they don't fit?

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
And I'm going to swing this thread back in the other direction -- but can someone confirm whether the hub assemblies on the 355 & H3 are the same?

When you say the hub bore is a little too small -- in what dimension? The rims won't seat against the hub (which may be why the rims with spacers fit on my hub)? Very confused here.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And I'm going to swing this thread back in the other direction -- but can someone confirm whether the hub assemblies on the 355 & H3 are the same?

When you say the hub bore is a little too small -- in what dimension? The rims won't seat against the hub (which may be why the rims with spacers fit on my hub)? Very confused here.
So maybe some pics would help.

The H3 rims wont fully seat on the hub. I am guessing I will need some spacers as well for clearance for tires and wells and suspension.

In the one pic you can see the hub does not go through the wheel. And you can also see a small lip on the inside of the wheel bore.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts