Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have H3 powered seats installed in my 06 truck. They have replaced my non powered 60/40 seats. I have powered them but in need to resolve the air bag light. I swapped the seat belts, seat belt sensors,and air bag sensors. For the driver seat, I fabricated a mount by flipping the seat position sensor to create an opposing magnet. I swapped the chip module by removing it from its harness on the original seat and placing it inside the flipped h3 sensor. The passenger'a side was already flipped, but I haven't replaced my original chip inside the h3 sensor, however, I did plug the 355 black box from my truck. Sorry for the inaccurate terminology. I have unplugged the battery. Tomorrow I will swap that chip on the passenger side, and if that doesn't work, make my way to the beginning by dropping my original seats in.

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not swap the original bladder bag from my seat to the h3 seat. I used my original harness to tap into the h3's bladder bag.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
You may find reference material for the seat swap in the how to sections on this site. Or look over on Colorado fans site.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
I'm not sure that the 355 BCM will read or recoginize the H3 sensors....that might be the problem there.

When I switched over to the Grand Prix leather seat I swapped my 355 airbag sensors from my OEM seats to the Grand prix seats to avoid this issue.

Please reference this thread for some answers: http://www.355nation.net/forum/how-...er-h3-power-heated-leather-seats-armrest.html

When in doubt, shoot Supermodulation a PM about your specific issue...he might have a simple solution to this problem.

·
Administrator
8,939 Posts
Just to make sure, you did re-use your old seat harness from your old seats?
You have to re-use all the electronics from your original seat to retain full function.

http://www.355nation.net/forum/how-...er-h3-power-heated-leather-seats-armrest.html

How much gap is there in between the seat position sensor and steel rail?
The seat position sensor uses a field effect circuit just like your ABS sensor.
It is prone to fail if the gap is to wide.

Re-using the H3 bladder seat should be OK!

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I left the h3 harness in the seat. I pulled my original harnesses out from my 60/40 and plugged them into the available connections. In the driver under side, you can see the seat belt sensor plugged in which functions. It is odd to me how the seat position sensor did not have a metal rail to create an opposing magnet like my seats did or even like the manual h3 seats I've seen in pictures posted on this forum. I drilled many holes into the bracket so that I was enabled to flip it. It is now flipped just like the passenger h3's position sensor. I will keep adjusting it , but they way it was positioned seemed close enough to the rail. The first picture I posted of that chip still needs to b swapped for the passenger side. But how do I correct the 355 BCM that may not be reading properly now? Thanks gentlemen. Just the proper guys to help me out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts