Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone written anything up on replacing the 3 steering rack bushings? I bought the blue set online. The big bushing on the passengers side seems easy enough once I can figure out how to get to the top bolt. I have to idea how the others come off or how the new ones go on. I've replace both the upper and lower steering shafts so I've been around the one bushing so I know the space is tight. Is it possible to replace the two drivers side bushings without taking the whole rack out? Thanks for the help.

Ben

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Nope, you're gonna have to pull the rack, at least on a colorado you do. The two on the driver's side will need to be pressed out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I figured. And I think it's the one that's attached to the steering shaft that's giving me a "gritty" feeling in the pedal when I turn the steering wheel even a little bit. I took the bottom bolt for the large bushing out and got the top one done part way then got scared and tightened everything back up. I don't have a second car to drive to work tomorrow so I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to get the top one back in again and be stuck. Maybe I'll give it another try unless I decide to pay someone to do the other two bushings. Thanks for the help!

Ben

1 - 3 of 3 Posts