Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone has done this yet, couldn't find it with search. I'm just wondering if our airbag will line up with the h3 wheel. I like the thickness of the h3 wheel and the column looks the same but it wouldn't be worth it if you had to use the h3 airbag also.

·
Registered
563 Posts
h3 steering wheels have a different thickness? i always thought they were always the same. is yours not wrapped in leather?

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just looked at one today and I see that the airbag is different, the wheel isn't too expensive but from what I hear you cant buy a used airbag so it would turn in to a pretty expensive project just to have a nicer wheel. I will keep looking though to see what I can come up with.

·
Registered
839 Posts
How much are the wheels goin for?

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
That's for a leather wrapped wheel?

If so, that's not bad at all! Mine doesn't have the leather................
yep. I bought a leather wraped one from them it came to about $150 shipped. a couple things I hate about gmpartsdirect is that there shipping takes for ever and is way over price. I was ordering these $1.12 clips from them and they wanted $12 just for shipping.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
yep. I bought a leather wraped one from them it came to about $150 shipped. a couple things I hate about gmpartsdirect is that there shipping takes for ever and is way over price. I was ordering these $1.12 clips from them and they wanted $12 just for shipping.
Did you do the install yourself? If so, how difficult is the wheel removal/install?

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
I took it to the shop that was installing my tilt wheel and cruise control. I looked it over and it seemed pretty easy.

First you have to unhook the battery and wait 30 minutes then you unhook a yellow harness for the airbag.

After the above is completed there are access holes to undo the springs that hold in the airbag you just pop them and the airbag will come free.

once you get the airbag free you just undo one nut and replace the wheel.

hook everthing back up

turn your key to the on postion

If the airbag light flashes seven times them your good to go.

EDIT: heres a how to on it http://www.355nation.net/forum/how-tutorials/4299-how-steering-wheel-swap.html

1 - 14 of 14 Posts