Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
tinja nurtles
11,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys haul heavy stuff often? I'm wanting to haul my trans am around when I need to but don't want to tear anything up. I will use air shocks or helper bags so it doesn't sag so much but does the truck have enough power to really pull it good?

The car weighs 3700 and the trailer is your average dove tail car hauler.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
21,131 Posts
i hauled my cavalier decently but when I did the 66 GTO (my brothers not my 68) man was there a drag

my brother cavalier

Sis-in-law's corvair

my cavalier

·
Premium Member
21,131 Posts
I think those u haul trailers are adding to the problem. Those things are TANKS!!!!

How did it do on the highway? Have to leave it in 3rd?
i just left in drive for the cavalier all the other vehicles were in town but for the GTOs i would definitely need more power but a brake upgrade would really be nice

·
Premium Member
21,131 Posts
How much do you think the gtos weigh?

This trailer has brakes so I just need to get a controller and I should be good
my 68 around 3506 the 66 3465

·
Son of the South
3,027 Posts
well where are you hauling your trans am? My dad and I were thinking for my camaro, just to take it to the track about 40 miles one way no big deal, but if your going for a trip I would be careful. I would think you would be fine, just take it slow, and be prepared to brake

·
Registered
98 Posts
I tow my 18' bass boat in 3rd regularly without any trouble...wish I had more power though. Weight of the boat/trailer is roughly 3000lb or so. My truck is a stock 3.5L except for exhaust, intake, and tranny cooler. I can stop it fine with stock brakes and no brakes on the trailer.

·
Son of the South
3,027 Posts
yea those uhauls have a shit load of tongue weight, and no you really cant strap the cars further back.

·
tinja nurtles
11,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well where are you hauling your trans am? My dad and I were thinking for my camaro, just to take it to the track about 40 miles one way no big deal, but if your going for a trip I would be careful. I would think you would be fine, just take it slow, and be prepared to brake
They dyno is probably the furthest at about 1.5 hour drive. The track is about 30 mins away but will most likely just drive the car there.

Ya those uhaul trailers suck. I move my car with one once and had to load it backwards to get the tongue weight down. :lol:

Thanks for the help guys. Looks like I need to get a tranny cooler

·
Registered
306 Posts
i pull a 4000 lbs cabin trailer in the summer sorry i dont have pics but it would pull it at 90 kph no problem but i have a equilizer hitch for it ill get pics soon

1 - 20 of 22 Posts