Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys, just bought a 04 colorado with 118,00 miles, stock 3.5 i5 auto, for 3k. thought it was a damn good deal just needs some work. so here are the problems and questions about it

1. the radiator leaks from the bottom where it connects to the trans lines? ive done some searching around the forums but dont understand how these conect to the radiator. can i just tighten them? also the radiator looks like junk, should i just do the v8 radiator conversion?

2. the rear diff hums pretty fing loud. previous owner said it was the pinion going bad? i dont know much about diffs, i just always weld mine because i drift cars haha. oh yeah, this is my first truck. should i try and fix this diff or just get a lsd, g80, etc etc?

3. there is a really loud grinding noise coming from the engine bay, previous owner said the ac clutch was shot but the noise isnt coming from the ac side and almost sounds like its coming from the tensioner. is this a common problem? i did some searching but didnt find much.

4. CEL p0332

5. Cheap header? the oem one is cracked to hell

any help would be great, thanks guys!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the quick reply, ill do the noobie intro right after this!

also ill try and get a video of the noise up tonight, i dont want to just start replacing random things. wish it wasnt so damn cold out and i could just figure it out.

also just checked the codes and p0332 showed up, engine knock sensor, should i replace the sensors or try running higher octane and seafoam it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts