Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just wondering i remember when i used to lurk here i saw a thread where a guy mentioned he was trying to fab up a "hd-style" hood for the colorado, did anyone ever do that?

here's some pics for what i mean when i say "hd" for those guys that don't know-

stock silverado hood-

hd hood for silverado -

i like how clean the hd hood keeps the truck, and i don't want some scoopy thing on a stock engine truck.... maybe i could find someone local to fab me one?

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
^^^What he said

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
I'm pretty sure downtime Matt had one on his truck but took it off and was actually trying to sell it a while back, he said he was going to shoot it if he didn't get a good offer.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Here are pics of it...

It looked cool, but the shop that built it did a TERRIBLE job on it and was wavy as fuck. So I had another shop fab up a sheetmetal intake to lay a stock hood. That shop still had the hood last I checked and were supposed to sell it and send me half the cash... That never happened.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hah. never mind the pm.... didn't see that at the bottom of your post. sorry to hear about that shop fucking you over.

just as a ballpark... would you mind saying how much they charged to make that hood for you?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
my bro got one made not to similar liek downtime for his silverado ss but kinda like a cowl.
lifted the rear of the hood about inch and a half its hard to notice if u dont see a stock hood next to it

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that one looks good, and it compliments his truck great!

but, i'm not really a fan of cowl hoods on my own stuff :/ i'm picky haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts