Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking into buying a new head unit so just wondering what you guys had, what u think of it, specs on it, etc....

also found this:
stock HU for a 2005 gmc canyon
Instrument panel , Sound system ,Radio ,Am/fm/cd
retail our price
W/o multi cd 05-06 $634.67 $476.00
W/multi cd 05-06 $909.33 $682.00

what would cause that thing to be that expensive...its not THAT nice at all. haha and thats from a site that usually has stuff somewhat decently priced for oem parts.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts

heres mine i got it like the next day after getting my truck...i got 400 into it...but well worth it...i was told its bluetooth compatible and has an Ipod interface

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts

heres mine i got it like the next day after getting my truck...i got 400 into it...but well worth it...i was told its bluetooth compatible and has an Ipod interface
wait a minute...you paid 400 dollars for that thing? IVe got the DEH-P7700MP in my truck and it was only 260 installed

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
I'm a big fan of Eclipse HUs.

This was what I had (the CD-5425):
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/2456000-2456999/2456802_5_full.jpg

Does everything I needed it to and sounded awesome. And their security feature is the best.

You can't find that model anymore because it was replaced by the newer CD4000.

Very highly recommended.

Specs:
» CD player with built-in MOSFET amplifier (14 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
» plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs (including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA music files)
» motorized, slide-open faceplate
» 3-color LCD display and five selectable button colors
» three preset tone curves and a 3-band equalizer
» loudness
» three sets of 5-volt preamp outputs
» subwoofer control with low-pass filter
» three settings for the selectable high- and low-pass filters
» auxiliary input
» CD changer controls
» satellite radio-ready (SIRIUS tuner, subscription, and antenna required)
» controls for an Eclipse iPod interface
» HD Radio-ready
» CD Text compatible
» ESN anti-theft protection
» E-iSERV compatible with Area Shot — trip direction (arrows and text only) appear on display. (The CD4000 is not compatible with E-iSERV's advanced audio controls, just the basic directions.)
» clock
» 18 FM/6 AM presets
» seek tuning
» remote control
» CD frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
» CD signal-to-noise ratio: 95 dB
» FM sensitivity: 13 dBf

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the input guys! yeh ive always stuck with kenwood, alpine, and upper end pioneers. eclipse looks like they have some sick stuff and clarion is simple but they make quality products.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
wait a minute...you paid 400 dollars for that thing? IVe got the DEH-P7700MP in my truck and it was only 260 installed

that wasnt for just the hu...it was also interface harness..harness..mount kit and installation and tax...plus i was like fuck it free financing on the job...so i didnt have to fork out cash

1 - 10 of 10 Posts