Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Header for my I5

6K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  Skizzo 
#1 ·
Hi im looking for a header for my Canyon. The stock one broke in half and I really don't want to buy an OEM. What is the best place to get a header with the o2 in it?

#4 ·
#5 ·
I have the ALs header. Ceramic coated and stock replacement length. $425 shipped.

#6 ·
What is the best place to get a header with the o2 in it?
not really a 'best' place for an aftermarket piece.

your in nc, im pretty sure there is a great race car fab guy there, your 'best' bet would be to have a custom one made for your truck to do what you want it to do.

but that's just my opinion..

#9 ·
Let me google that for you
My truck is still at the shop awaiting the ring and pinion to show up cause a guy fucked mine up. No telling when it'll be back.

#10 ·
there are many many headers to choose from... all of them pretty good.

#15 ·
Yea I waited a while. I actually placed the order once. And get canceled it cause they didn't have any flanges. Then I reordered it a few months later and I thought they forgot and it just showed up one day and I got billed for it lol.

#25 ·
i have a 2010 3.7 with hp tune
i am wondering if the i get the header i will fail emissions, my state requires emission testing every couple of years, i would hope since there is an o2 sensor bung on it that the computer can recalibrate okay since the cat is gone....
has anyone had problems with check engine lights? due to the fact cat is gone from the manifold relying solely on the 2nd cat?

#26 ·
You will have to use the o2 sensor mod to move the second sensor out of the stream of the exhaust some. There is a how to for it here on the site.

With the o2 mod and still having a second cat you will be able to pass emissions as long as the truck is warm. In terms of visual inspection...that may be a different story and depend on the person looking. If you have visual inspections that is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.