Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I polished my headlights would headlight film protect them? Would spray on clear peel paint?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would think that applying a clear film would greatly help the headlights from crazing over again. I would look at the available film products and find one that states providing a UV protection.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Once they are clear just use a polish made for plastic to maintain them . The only reason they cloud is they are overlooked and need to be a part of regular maintenance . I don't think clear paint would stick very well to a polished surface like the lamp lens .
If I polished my headlights would headlight film protect them? Would spray on clear peel paint?

·
Registered
73 Posts
there are a LOT of KIT+ how to do's on line, i got a sylvania kit but have not tried it yet, good luck!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nearly all plastic light lens do in fact have a coating on the exterior that is REMOVED during the polishing procedure to clean them up and they will cloud over even quicker each subsequent time. Applying one of the headlight films will prevent the surface clouding from UV degradation of the plastic lens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts