Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the rado's lens could use a good polishing so I picked up some Meguiar's headlight restoration stuff going to test it on the Jimmy first though once my drill's battery is charged

Anyone else used the stuff?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
i take the headlights out of the car, sand them with 1000 grit, sand all the facotry UV protect-ant crap off, and then mix up some clear coat and spray them with 2 coats, just as im spraying a hood or fender or whatever.

i do this when im repairing a front end, because the customers are freaked out that i did it, and its good for business.

·
Premium Member
21,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i tried it out seems to help a little but i think my drill might not be fast enough

·
Batman
5,649 Posts
tried that one and the Mother's kit

I don't think I was patient enough with them and gave up after about 20 minutes

they prolly both work fine, but I got bored and saw something shiney and got distracted, never got to finishing yet :lol:

·
I fucking atoadaso!
4,217 Posts
I paid the body shop to restore the driver sdie headlight on my stratus when I had the pass side replaced, it looked great for about a month then started to go back to what to used to look like, now about 6 months later it looks just as bad as the beginning. I dont know what type of products they used or if it was done correctly but that was my experience with it.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
I've used something similiar to that, and it worked great!!

Like Forrest said, put some wax on after you buff the lenses. It holds up well, plus makes it easier to clean the shit/mud off the lenses.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
i take the headlights out of the car, sand them with 1000 grit, sand all the facotry UV protect-ant crap off, and then mix up some clear coat and spray them with 2 coats, just as im spraying a hood or fender or whatever.

i do this when im repairing a front end, because the customers are freaked out that i did it, and its good for business.
:thumbup: thats what we do at work as well

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
the dealership i work at has one of the kits through the company we use called BG. the kit they have always works on any headlight i used it on. comes with a solvent to wet sand with(uses various grit paper) a cleaning solution, and a brush on coating.. its a lot more expensive then the kit you used though :shrug:

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Yeah, if you want it to last you'll need to apply some sort of UV portection back to the light, wether it be clear coat or even something like laminix film will make it last longer.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts