Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought my truck back in September 06...right DRL headlight went out last night. bought a new one at walmart, but it seems slightly different:huh: its the same size of bullb (9006 i think) and bout the same brightness, but it just doesn't look even...could the light housing angle somehow gotten fucked up w/ the bulb change?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
take the bulb out and put it back in.. and make sure u check the bulb. maybe the filament inside got banged up and moved causing it not to shine straight..

·
Registered
24 Posts
bought my truck back in September 06...right DRL headlight went out last night. bought a new one at walmart, but it seems slightly different:huh: its the same size of bullb (9006 i think) and bout the same brightness, but it just doesn't look even...could the light housing angle somehow gotten fucked up w/ the bulb change?
Possibly.

You're still running the stock DRL's, correct?

I'd also double check the lamp socket to make sure you got it in correctly, if you did, mebbe it's that you're standing on a slope? :shrug:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
(ive got an 06. my DRL's are my low-beams )

probobly should've just said low beam instead of DRL right? lol

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
figured it out, like a dumbass, when i put the light back into the housing, i put it in upside down (note to self-dont work on truck at night)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts