Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well about a week or so ago I swapped my stock lights back in and baked the projector ones apart to clean them and seal them a little better. Then I got the idea of changing the LEDs and the halos to something that will match the DRLs a little better, I really didn't like the white/blue lighting that was in there...

(Warning: very rough, low light cell phone pic)

The replacements I ordered for the LEDs along the side were the wrong size, I need to order another set along with a couple more for the halos this week.

·
0 Posts
No...I'm just waiting for a better pic of them on the truck...right now its hard to tell how they would look in that color...

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
demand more pics...

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No...I'm just waiting for a better pic of them on the truck...right now its hard to tell how they would look in that color...
Gotcha... Well it will be awhile because I have to wait for a new pack of leds and seal them back up and stuff but I think they should look pretty close to the DRLs. If they don't I will probably take them out and try something else, it's really a trial kind of thing, since the LEDs are so cheap I don't mind buying a few different kinds, but soldering them in has been a pain in the ass.

Judging by how the DRLs look in my sig, though, they should come pretty close.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i'm interested what the final project is gonna look likes

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I still think those LEDs look hella gay and since the halos are kinda borderline ricerish the LEDs put it over the top for me. Would be sick if you could just not wire thise LEDs in.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I still think those LEDs look hella gay and since the halos are kinda borderline ricerish the LEDs put it over the top for me. Would be sick if you could just not wire thise LEDs in.
My take on it, they would look even more retarded if they weren't wired up because it would look like something is missing.

Halos come on most BMWs stock and they look sick IMO, it could be much worse.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just unplugged my strip of LED's...to me, it looks better. :shrug:

EDIT: nice job, btw, that should look good with the DRL's. :thumbup:

...oh yeah, any problems with your DRL's? Mine like...peeled...it was odd, almost like they have/had a clearcoat put on them...

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just unplugged my strip of LED's...to me, it looks better. :shrug:

EDIT: nice job, btw, that should look good with the DRL's. :thumbup:

...oh yeah, any problems with your DRL's? Mine like...peeled...it was odd, almost like they have/had a clearcoat put on them...
Thanks dude. I guess just the look of the chrome rings being there with nothing in them would look weird, JMO. I think if you paint the chrome rings around them like the rest of the housing it will look good.

:ugh: You mean like the inside of the housing or the lens? No problems here, but I did look close and it looks like some dirt got in there as well, so those may be next to be baked... :disgust:

·
Registered
24 Posts
the outside of the housing...seriously. It looks like they clearcoated the outside of the lens with cheap clear...and, of course, the phx sun handed it its ass...

:shrug:

my whole goddamn truck isn't ready for the meet. :kiki:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
take some pics when ur done man.. i wanna see what the end product is

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I think itll look pretty damn good if it matches the top lights...like everyone else said..keep us updated with installed pics...

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone, I'll definitely keep you updated. :thumbup:

It'll be a bit though... Trying to solder the last LEDs lastnight and I fubar'ed one of the resistors, so I need to order a pack now. I never knew this soldering shit was so much of a pain in the ass :dawg:

the outside of the housing...seriously. It looks like they clearcoated the outside of the lens with cheap clear...and, of course, the phx sun handed it its ass...

:shrug:

my whole goddamn truck isn't ready for the meet. :kiki:
That fuckin sucks man. Nothing like that on mine, aside from the leak issue the only thing bothering me with them is that they'll move around a bit if you touch them. I may have fubar'ed one of the tabs when I installed them, idk.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hmmm...if you still have the seller's name, send it on over...

oh, and, my passenger side didn't do it, just the driver's side. :shrug:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts