Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I have teh Eclipse AVN 2454 and our installer at work said he'd hook it up for cheap but we can't seem to get together so I just wanna put it in myself. Does anyone know EXACTLY what I am gonna need to hook it all up? What harness's, any weird boxes, Anything I may miss? Thanks for any help

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im sure if me you and brian all get together we can figure it out. if not there is always marksound

Ya that's what I was thinking too. I just think I need like a door chime module too or something. and we should grab Saki too he's normally pretty good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You just have the stock deck in there right now, correct?

You'll need the following items, I recommend Wal*Mart as it's going to be the cheapest.

• Scosche Gm1594b (dash kit)
  • Wiring Harness (should come with an antenna adapter)
  • Door Chime Module (not necessary, but it retains factory chimes, etc)

That's about it, there's nothing really funky about our trucks, basically just plug and play.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok guys went to Walmart to try and pick this stuff up and they didn't have the right stuff! So I guess I'll try tomorrow at the one by work if I can

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok guys spent this morning putting putting together the harness and ran my power wire this afternoon. After a small stumble (had one pwr wire wrong) I got it all hooked up and running. I still ran one wire to a keyed source instead of a constant power (woops-followed supermodulation's picture wrong ha) so everytime I start the truck the headunit reloads but it works and I will hopefully finish the rest tomorrow when it's warmer out!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So guys where did everyone grab their constant power from? I'm thinking just grab onto the battery or the power post on the fuse box. Is that ok on these things?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Not too sure what harness you got,but mine didn't need it,just connected all the wires an bam,no separate wires runnig to an outside source,just plud and play.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Well thats probly why you have to and I didn't,also I tried to use a different one originally and had nothing but problems with it so I just coughed up the dough and bought the right one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts