Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright everyone I just bought a Pioneer AVH-X3600BHS Double Din, everything ready to go looks great, just down to wiring. I have all my speakers wired through an amplifier so technically the only things I have left to wire to the new stereo from the harness are the RED: Ignition - YELLOW: Constant - BLACK: Ground and BLUE: Remote. That being said it still wasn't working so I spent hours making sure I had all the wires correctly laid out and wired to the headunits harness, everything is exactly how it should be but the stereo will not turn on. Also whats really weird is plugging in the new stereo after 5 seconds resets the computer in my truck, all lights shut off....what....

So my troubleshoot was to remove all wiring, route each wire one at a time to determine which wire was causing the truck to shut off all power. The only wire causing the problem is the YELLOW: Constant wire. Unhook the yellow and no issues what so ever.

Whats funny about this is I literally just took the old stereo out today as I sold it and there wasn't anything different with wiring, nothing. Worked perfect.

One other thing I should mention is my concern on this Scosche GM2000 Stereo Adapter, it is making popping noises randomly through the speaker very faintly making me think either its a POS or I have a power issue somewhere that just randomly came up? Ive recently learned the GM2000 causes computer problems, makes me wonder???

Any info is appreciated! Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
The only thing I have to say is that I don't hear very many good things about the Scosche chimes retention module/wire harness thingy for use in these trucks.

Is is the same harness you had in the previous stereo, or is the harness new with the stereo as well? Just wondering if it is coincidence it has chosen now to fail, or if it is problematic from the start (which again, is not unheard of)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@08Canyon It is the same harness as the old stereo, plug n play and its not working nor is the display even turning on. I assume theres only a couple options it could be either (Ground, Power short, GM2000 module or this new stereo)

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Pretty much covers it. Or a fuse.

Are the rest of the RAP items functioning properly? Test by removing key and not opening doors and operating the wipers.

Short of what you've already gone through I don't have any other suggestions.
Well one I guess. Is it possible to take the stereo to a local installer for them to test on the bench? Who knows how likely they will be to test a product they didn't sell though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just purchased the GMRC-01 stereo harness to replace that POS scosche. Even if thats not the cause of the problem atleast it will get rid of the possible problems it could cause...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Ive got the avh-x2500bt, i didnt use the chime box i just ran the acc from by the drivers door, and plugged inbtye harness, ibfound out thatvthere is no acc in the plug-in harness

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@cherokeecanyon You ran the acc (ignition-red) wire by the drivers side door? How did you do this and what did you connect it to lol trying to picture what you are saying by not using the GM2000 harness

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts