Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night i was driving and i noticed a noise underneath my dashboard on the passenger side, sounded just like a cricket but only with the heater/ac ON!!!
i didnt care much, but this morning the same thing happened......and its really annoying, any idea what it is?????

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
it proabbaly is a cricket! haha it chirps whe its getting fried and chirps when hes gettin frozen....hahaha

but seriosly you might have something loose in there

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I used to have that problem....it was just a piece of dried up leaf in there. Prett annoying...but harmless. :shrug:

My buddy had this happen in is TSI Talon too....except his was a dead mouse...:lol:

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Bulletin No.: 06-01-38-001

Date: February 28, 2006

TECHNICAL

Subject:
Excessive Blower Motor Clicking/chirping/whirring or Ticking Noises on Low Speed (Install Blower Motor Sound Insulator Cover)

Models:
2005-2006 Chevrolet Colorado
2005-2006 GMC Canyon

Condition

Some customers may comment on excessive or annoying blower motor noise on low fan speed. Sounds may include ticking, chirping, clicking or whirring noises.

Cause

The blower motor is located within the vehicle under the passenger side lower I/P. This location, while allowing for increased serviceability, does not offer much isolation from blower motor noise.

Correction

To reduce the noise level from the blower motor, install a blower motor sound insulator cover using the procedure below.

1. Remove the front passenger door sill molding.

2. Remove the front passenger side interior kick panel molding.

3. Remove the front passenger interior floor courtesy light.

4. Remove the BCM connector facing the blower motor.

5. Remove the wire retaining metal clip from the BCM harness.

6. Install the molded insulator to the blower motor. Refer to the above illustration. The insulator may need to be flexed in order to be properly situated on the motor. When the insulator is properly installed, it will be form fitted to the motor and the retainer hole in the cover (1) will align with a hole in the back side of the motor body.

7. A stud will align with the second hole in the insulating cover. Refer to location (2) in the above illustration, which shows the location of the stud (not visible in photo). Please note the location of the BCM in the photo. This should aid in properly locating the cover.

8. Use the push-pin to secure the cover in place.

9. Re-route the BCM harness over the newly installed cover and retain using the metal clip. This should give additional support to the flexible blower motor cover.

10. Install the front passenger interior floor courtesy light.

11. Install the front passenger side interior kick panel molding.

12. Install the front passenger door sill molding.

PART #'s:

15836647 cover
10098645 pushpin

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
:yeahthat::355:

Fixed my problem.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanx guys i fixed the problem las night!!!! it was a wire that was to close to the motor, was not to hard to do it, thanx again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts