Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this is somewhere on here, sorry for reposting, if this is the wrong place, I couldnt find anywhere else.

THANK YOU FOR THE CONSIDERATION!!!!!!!!

My compressor for AC doesnt engage, sometimes it starts to spin and it makes a "wwwwhhhhhiiiiiiiirrrrrrr" sound and I lose power, but the AC pipe (sorry I dont know all the names) is cold.

The heater doesnt work but the blower works perfectly. I dont have any coolant on the passenger side and the truck isnt over heating. occasionally the air is somewhat warm, but usually its the temp of outside.

My temp control moves freely and clicks like it did day one.

No bad smells, and the engine doesn't smell sweet like coolant either.

So I feel like the heater core is not the root cause as of now atleast, I could be wrong like I said already my skills with my truck is only what you guys post. I think the heater core might be clogged but I dont know how to check that, IF YOU CAN BREAK IT DOWN BARNEY STYLE I WOULD APPRECIATE IT!!

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
There is a cable that connects the temp control to the door that changes the temperature. I have seen some posts that say you can see it if you look under the dash, but I don't know just where to look. That cable can be disconnected. You can take off the plastic trim around the AC Control panel and the radio by gently prying out on it. Then you can pull the AC Control Panel. The AC problem could be from a leak in the system causing low pressure. Good luck. This is not a good time of the year to have heater problems!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After figuring that out, now I have a secong problem Cart, you may know the answer even. It wont move the white thing that the wire is connected to from the heat/ac control correctly. It only goes back slightly and gets stuck as if the wire is to loose... Maybe there is something that the wire is supposed to snap into instead of being loose like it is behind the glove compartment.

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
I haven't worked on that myself, so maybe someone with experience will post with some detailed information. According to the Service Manual there should be a retainer clip to hold each end of the outer part of the cable in place. The outer part of the cable should not be moving. Does the inner part of the cable move freely when disconnected? If it isn't binding then maybe the door is stuck. The Service Manual says you can get access from the driver's side floor near the accelerator.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts