Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
chimes when driving. dome and footwell lights stay on. radio turns off immediately after turning off the battery. so the truck definitely thinks one of the doors are open. probably just going to disconnect the battery for today, but I need to know how to fix this!

·
Premium Member
3,995 Posts
Welcome to the Nation.

Remove the switches, one at a time. The screws on my truck are Torx (T20). Your configuration may be different. They are all mounted on the doors or frames, depending on Model, and easy to access. Remove the connector from each one in turn until the problem goes away. If you need to drive the truck, tie a string around the connector, poke it in the hole and tape the string to the door frame, so you won't have to go fishing later.

There have been problems with the wiring harness to the aft left door in Extended Cab Models, but usually it doesn't affect the door switch.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
chimes when driving. dome and footwell lights stay on. radio turns off immediately after turning off the battery. so the truck definitely thinks one of the doors are open. probably just going to disconnect the battery for today, but I need to know how to fix this!
My 04 had a similar problem. I borrowed a friends door switch for a few minutes..... wala no more problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts