Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so first off i have a 2006 4 door colorado on 22" wheels on 275/35.

i installed 3 inch lowering leafs in the back with a 1 inch blocks and street performance shocks. the front has djm control arms but it would rub on the driver side occasionally with road bumps so i decided to get the street performance struts for the front to get a stiffer ride. i read up that it is supposed to have 3 spacers but mine came with 6 spacers, so i installed it as per intructions putting all the spacers in the drivers side and 5 spacers in the passenger side to try and fix the lean. now the driver side has a constant rub and the passenger side seems the same height (if not a little higher.)

so my question is how can i fix the constant rub?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btw i did do some research and most people bang their fender in to stop the rub, i just want to know my options. would the belltech 1 inch spacers work for me?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any help would be greatly appreciated, as of now im without a vehicle because the rub is just too much to drive

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
If you placed 6 spacers on one side and 5 on the other, it shouldn't be sitting that low...

Then again, you have the LCAs in there as well.

What spring did you use with the belltech shocks.

Also, able to grab a photo of your front suspension, just need one side.

And I assume by rubbing, you mean the tire on the top of the wheel well?

·
Luv them hoochies
3,336 Posts
I have those struts but I'm not using any spacers and I'm running djm arms but I also have a cut spring on the passenger side for the lean
I bought them used from a member so I don't remember if it came with spacers or not it's been awhile. The only issue I had was with the drivers side was a pita to put in the arm and it did touch the frame a little I think I just used a BFH to bend it but it drives fine

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Some of your issue may be the 22's with 275's on them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you placed 6 spacers on one side and 5 on the other, it shouldn't be sitting that low...

Then again, you have the LCAs in there as well.

What spring did you use with the belltech shocks.

Also, able to grab a photo of your front suspension, just need one side.

And I assume by rubbing, you mean the tire on the top of the wheel well?
i read on another post on this forum where they compared the old version of belltech struts (3 ring) vs the new version (6 ring) and if im not mistaken they mentioned that the strut is 1/2 inch shorter than stock struts which could be the reason it is a constant rub now as opposed to the occasional rub it had before. and yes by rub i mean the tire rubbing on the wheel well

I have those struts but I'm not using any spacers and I'm running djm arms but I also have a cut spring on the passenger side for the lean
I bought them used from a member so I don't remember if it came with spacers or not it's been awhile. The only issue I had was with the drivers side was a pita to put in the arm and it did touch the frame a little I think I just used a BFH to bend it but it drives fine
what wheels are you running? that seems like a lot of drop, you might have the older version which only had a 0-1 inch drop

while im waiting for someone to chime in i went ahead and purchased the leveling spacers to try them out (should be here by friday i hope) but im afraid that it wont work...anyone used the belltech struts and spacer combination?

·
5,959 Posts
Yeahs the wheel fitment is the issue. U are too low for those wheels/tires. Most guys with 22s run a smaller tire with a 3/4 drop.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
That! Your tires are way too big for most drops on these trucks. Your best bet is to look into tubbing your front wheel wells, you'll still need a smaller tire though.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
I'm with @Jesse here

Most running 22s are bagged trucks. Thats alot of wheel and tire for the drop and the shallow ass wheel wells the 355 have

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my bad my tire size is 265/35/22 like i said it didnt used to rub this bad before the belltech struts so im gonna try the belltech spacers and if that dont work i might just end up taking off the LCAs

btw the picture was before i installed the struts now its damn near tucking tire, if i had known the belltech struts were shorter than original struts i wouldnt have bought them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts