Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help - Bolt Stuck - Pics Added

So I am really really pissed right now. I got my shackles in and thought that I would put them on. Well I started a little late which in my mind was okay cause its pretty straight forward...well 5 hours late and Im not done. I have everything on, but I can't get 1 fucking shackle bolt out. It is on the drivers side and is the lower bolt. It will slide out about 3/4 of an inch and then is just stuck. I have sprayed the crap out of it with WD40, hammered the shit out it, pried, nothing will move this damned bolt. Any suggestions on what I can do, or a way to get it out? Any other solvent I can use, heat it up? thanks guys.... really dont want to have to go back to stock shackles....

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope....just a hammer....

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i dropped the top bolt out so there is zero tension on the shackle right now. Its just laying on the shackle. As for being rusted, all of the bolts I got out had surface rust on them. Im hoping I can get it, and that it is not seized to rubber bushing. It will slide 3/4 inch out and then stick.

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pb blaster? whats that and where ccan I find it?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Sounds like its just wedged in the,wiggle it, hit it,do what you can,bolts are a bitch and its always the last one,work at it it will come out.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
I had this happen to my 2004. Rsquires had it happen to his 2005.. What I did to remove it: I lubed it up... Had the impact gun spinning it the bolt & 4lb hammer and punch on the other end.. Some well timed aggression got that bitch out. Rsquires cut his and installed new nut and bolt...

Now, remember to lube that bolt and bushing up with anti seeze when you re-install it...

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im getting ready to go out and mount another attack against this damn thing in the daylight. Im gonna go grab a c clamp and see if I can get enough pressure on it to just twist it out. And for those that are asking I put enough damn force into prying the bolt out I actually slid the truck on the jackstands...

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
sounds like the bolt is cocked off side, and the threads might be holding it in against the edge of the hole. Try using a pry bar to load it up while turning it. Be careful.

·
HO IT
2,153 Posts
Im getting ready to go out and mount another attack against this damn thing in the daylight. Im gonna go grab a c clamp and see if I can get enough pressure on it to just twist it out. And for those that are asking I put enough damn force into prying the bolt out I actually slid the truck on the jackstands...
I tried the c-clamp method on my mustang in a similar situation and it led to needing a new c-clamp and the bolt was still suck. I hate to say it but an impact wrench was the only thing that got it loose. Good luck and be careful!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts