Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the subject says last night i'v seemed to have lost 4th gear. Was cruising fine on highway dropped buddy off got back onto highway and didn't have 4th.

Installed the billet servo combo kit last week and everything was working like a charm.

Going to pull it out tomorrow i guess, just looking for similar experiences and or advice.

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Probably the o-ring on the 4th apply. I wouldn't sweat it since you just put the servos in recently. Probably just have to pop it apart and toss a new o-ring on, lube up the assembly before reinstalling as well to help prevent that.

I lost 3rd an hour after I put mine in because I knocked the o-ring partially off putting it back in then the pressure pushed it off the rest of the way.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably the o-ring on the 4th apply. I wouldn't sweat it since you just put the servos in recently. Probably just have to pop it apart and toss a new o-ring on, lube up the assembly before reinstalling as well to help prevent that.

I lost 3rd an hour after I put mine in because I knocked the o-ring partially off putting it back in then the pressure pushed it off the rest of the way.

Almost exactly what happened. Opened it up and found a chunk missing. My guess is either it got buggered during install a little bit and the pressure finally wore it to nill.

Also appears i had to much play in the adjustment. So fixed that also.

Thanks for your advice Fixxxer:th_woot:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I had this same issue!! Glad you were able to fix it..

·
Registered
208 Posts
you should definitely take this issue up with the guy who installed it... :th_crazy::th_crazy::drinking28:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts