Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have a 06 Gm canyon 4 door crew cab... The back seat pull latch system broke and the seat is locked in place.. any way to get past it? i have my Amps and spare battery mounted back there and can't get to them. Any ideas ? :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
try pushing back on the seat and then pull the release.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
try pushing back on the seat and then pull the release.

I tried everything ... tried so much i ripped the strap that connects to the cable the controls the latch. i don't see anyway to get around it :ugh::ugh: ?? Anyone know of a safety maybe or manual release :ugh:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't really offer any suggestions since I don't have a crew cab. Sometimes it's helpful to see an exploded parts diagram so you can see how everything fits together.
yes true... but from the looks of it i somehow need to get the upholstery off the seat to unlatch the seat or something ha I don't know... anyone ? :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
This happened to another member once before. Although, I think it was on the other forum. He had to cut the stitching on the seam between the upper back and lower back panels and then slice the foam open to get his fingers through to release the latch. You can then glue the sliced foam and stitch the seam back together once you're done repairing the latch release.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I can't offer any help either, what I can offer is, if you do get it open, I have an old seat I was gonna throw away, I can get u the cable out of it.

Is it possible to reach it, if you lay the other seat down? Maybe with just one seat down you might be able to reach the seat bolts with a couple universal joints and extensions. That being said, I don't know if unbolting the seat would even allow you to reach anything that would help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This happened to another member once before. Although, I think it was on the other forum. He had to cut the stitching on the seam between the upper back and lower back panels and then slice the foam open to get his fingers through to release the latch. You can then glue the sliced foam and stitch the seam back together once you're done repairing the latch release.
yea thats what it looks like that i have to do to make it happen... was trying to stay from all that but it is what it is :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Rats! I have the same problem!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts