Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATED WITH CORRECT WIRE CONNECTIONS.

This is for basic features; remote start, alarm, door open/close, parking lights, anything other then that would prob require additional connections and a relay.

Another good reference post with pic's. http://www.355nation.net/forum/engines-performance-tech-questions/59477-help-diy-remote-starter.html

2005 i5 crew cab

Module Bypass = idataLINK ADS-TBSL PL for GM VATS/ PASSLOCK I ET II / PK3 / PK3+, it's programmed after following the steps provided. Link to site with install guide below. Pages needed are 11, 14, 17, 18, 19. For our trucks you'll be using TYPE 11 reference install.

http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/TB-PL/ADS-TBSL-PL_20110120.pdf

Alarm = Viper 5704 with 2way lc3

Sorry for the unorganized topics and subjects.

I installed this system today and now I'm stuck without being able to program the alarm from manual to automatic transmission in order for it to attempt to start????? Correction process below once all the alarm wires were corrected;

1) turn car to ignition then off.
2) hold valet button ( shpuld be part of antennae) until it chirps 3 times
3) Release valet push once release and then push and hold . On remote hit lock , it will chirp 2xs .
4) turn car to ignition then off and it should remote start

I suspect the H3 heavy gauge wires are not all connected as they should? I may have missed something on the H2 24 pin harness as well? Please help!!!! Below is what I have connected on the vehicle so far. Alarm chirps with remote activation and doors lock and open with no problem, Parking lights work, Remote start key fob states "Remote Start Error" when remote start is pressed and parking lights flash 7 times (meaning) "Manual transmission mode is enabled and not initialized"

Main Harness (H1), 6-pin connector

H1/1 RED (+)12VDC CONSTANT INPUT----------------- 12V from battery.
H1/2 BLACK (-) CHASSIS GROUND-----------------------Ground to Chassis
H1/3 BROWN (+) SIREN OUTPUT------------------------- Red wire to Siren
H1/4 WHITE/BROWN PARKING LIGHT ISOLATION WIRE - Not Used
H1/5 WHITE PARKING LIGHT OUTPUT--------------------Brown/white (headlight switch) Jumped fuse on brain for negative output or use required wire depending on alarm model.
H1/6 ORANGE (-) 500mA GROUND WHEN ARMED OUTPUT---------- Not Used

H2 Harness, 24-pin connector

H2/1 PINK/WHITE (-) 200mA IGNITION/FLEX RELAY CONTROL OUTPUT-------- Not Used
H2/2 BLACK/WHITE (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY INPUT------------------ Ground to Chassis
H2/3 BLUE/WHITE (-) 200mA 2ND STATUS /REAR DEFOGGER OUTPUT----- Not Used
H2/4 GREEN/BLACK (-) 200mA OEM ALARM DISARM OUTPUT-------------- Not Used
H2/5 RED/WHITE (-) 200mA TRUNK RELEASE OUTPUT------------- Not Used
H2/6 GREEN (-) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT (N/C* OR N/O)--------------Not Used
H2/7 BLACK/YELLOW (-) 200mA DOME LIGHT SUPERVISION OUTPUT-------- Purple (headlight switch)
H2/8 BROWN/BLACK (-) 200mA HORN HONK OUTPUT------ Green Connected the plug under datch together with ignition wires.
H2/9 DARK BLUE (-) 200mA STATUS OUTPUT----- Blue/Red to Idatalink (ground when running )
H2/10 PINK (-) 200mA IGNITION 1 OUTPUT------------- Not Used
H2/11 WHITE/BLACK (-) 200mA AUX 3 OUTPUT------------- Not Used
H2/12 VIOLET (+) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT-------------- Not Used
H2/13 WHITE/VIOLET (-) 200mA AUX 1 OUTPUT--------------Not Used
H2/14 VIOLET/BLACK (-) 200mA AUX 2 OUTPUT-------------- Not Used
H2/15 ORANGE/BLACK (-) 200mA AUX 4 OUTPUT------------- Not Used
H2/16 BROWN (+) BRAKE SHUTDOWN INPUT--------------- Blue @ Brake pedal switch
H2/17 GREY (-) HOOD PIN INPUT (N/C OR N/O)---------------- Hood pin that came with alarm
H2/18 VIOLET/YELLOW (-) 200mA STARTER OUTPUT------------------ Not Used
H2/19 BLUE (-) TRUNK PIN/ INSTANT TRIGGER INPUT (N/C OR N/O)------------ Not Used
H2/20 GREY/BLACK (-) DIESEL WAIT TO START INPUT-------------- Not Used
H2/21 WHITE/BLUE (-) REMOTE START/ TURBO TIMER ACTIVATION INPUT------- Not Used
H2/22 ORANGE (-) 200mA ACCESSORY OUTPUT--------------- Not Used
H2/23 VIOLET/WHITE TACHOMETER INPUT-------------- Spark Plug Coil #1 green wire (Between the pink and black. Never use pink or black!)
H2/24 GREEN/WHITE (-) 200mA OEM ALARM ARM OUTPUT----------- Grey/black wire, it can be reached by the driver side door switch or the kick panel harness.

Remote Start, (H3) 10-pin connector

H3/1 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT------------------ White/Blue 1 ignition switch harness
H3/2 RED/WHITE (87) FLEX RELAY +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)---------- 12v constant
H3/3 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT-------------------White/Red ignition switch harness
H3/4 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL) ------ Not Used
H3/5 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL)------ Not Used
H3/6 RED IGNITION 1 +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)-------------- 12v constant
H3/7 PINK/WHITE (30) FLEX RELAY OUTPUT (car side of ign, acc or starter wire)---------------- Not Used
H3/8 PINK/BLACK (87a) FLEX RELAY INPUT (key side of ign, acc or starter wire if needed)---- Not Used
H3/9 RED/BLACK ACCESSORY/STARTER RELAY +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)------------ 12v constant
H3/10 NC No Connection---------------- Not Used

Door Lock, 3-pin connector

1 BLUE (-) 500mA UNLOCK OUTPUT------------ Dark Blue wire in harness #2 by driver kick panel
2 EMPTY NOT USED----------- Not Used
3 GREEN (-) 500mA LOCK OUTPUT------------- Light Blue wire in harness #1 by driver kick panel

*Vehicle ignition White/Blue wire is the Key sense you'll need to use for the Bypass Module.

*Siren (2) loop black wires is to make the siren louder. Both cut will give you the loudest, (1) cut will give you medium volume.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Please HELP with DIY Viper alarm/remote start install

If you can help me with that I'll gladly appreciate it. Truck looks like a bunch of deadly snakes are in it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
280 Posts

Hey if you figure it out let me know... I have one to install right now but I'm stumped on the wiring.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm about to rip all this shit out and fuck a remote starter. I've searched all www to no luck on finding anything to our truck wires and on what and what not to use. I know I'm close but I'm tired and frustrated.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

Well.this is what mine looked liked..it made it a smidge easier with everything out

I'll get with ysh on the wiring asap
I saw this on my searches, you must have the patience of an angel. I'm ready to duplicate my interior like yours once I find a sledge hammer.

Thanks un4giv3n I'll leave the truck as is until I can't take it no more.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

I GOT IT FIGURED OUT!!!!!!! Thanks to all that tried to help and direct me to the helpful sources. This FORUM ROCKS! Dan thanks for chiming in to help. What part of NY are you at? I grew up in NYC but once in a while I go to Monroe NY to visit my bro. Would like to buy you a beer and check out that BAD ASS truck of yours.

So I programmed my brain (in my head) to scan the hole set up while I slept. (the wife was upset, no nookie) LOL

Long story short, I FUCKED UP. I read to many different online stories and got it all mixed in. Heavy gauge wires (inputs) were all wrong. Once I have a chance I'll update the wire sheet with specific wires to our trucks for the future installers.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts

Yeah Garry a "No Shit" how to on this would be nice.

I want a similar device for mine......but hate wiring and I hate giving shops money for something I "could" do.

·
DK Moulds
2,011 Posts

I GOT IT FIGURED OUT!!!!!!! Thanks to all that tried to help and direct me to the helpful sources. This sight ROCKS! Dan thanks for chiming in to help. What part of NY are you at? I grew up in NYC but once in a while I go to Monroe NY to visit my bro. Would like to buy you a beer and check out that BAD ASS truck of yours.

So I programmed my brain (in my head) to scan the hole set up while I slept. (the wife was upset, no nookie) LOL

Long story short, I FUCKED UP. I read to many different online stories and got it all mixed in. Heavy gauge wires (inputs) were all wrong. Once I have a chance I'll update the wire sheet with specific wires to our trucks for the future installers.
Awesome glad you got it figured out...I'll shoot you my number..and maybe we can swap diagrams etc. And get something put together...I have a bunch of pics just need to find them.

Hell I'm down for a beer..I'm way up by Canada (plattsburgh),area ..but hell I'm always down to meet new members

·
I'm "That Guy"
1,185 Posts

Subbed for future reference. I have an alarm sitting in my garage waiting to go in, too lol.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Jeremy, when you ready let me know. We close to each other so you are not alone on your install.

Dan, that would be great. I used the easy way out (so I thought) all connections done from the driver side. According to your naked interior I'm sure you used the BCM to make connections. Either way our combined notes will give an installer good reference points. Canada good lord.... I always wanted to hit Niagara Falls. lol

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts

Awesome glad you got it figured out...I'll shoot you my number..and maybe we can swap diagrams etc. And get something put together...I have a bunch of pics just need to find them.

Hell I'm down for a beer..I'm way up by Canada (plattsburgh),area ..but hell I'm always down to meet new members
Jeremy, when you ready let me know. We close to each other so you are not alone on your install.

Dan, that would be great. I used the easy way out (so I thought) all connections done from the driver side. According to your naked interior I'm sure you used the BCM to make connections. Either way our combined notes will give an installer good reference points. Canada good lord.... I always wanted to hit Niagara Falls. lol
Maybe we can make NESM 7 a good one...........alarm/remote start on my truck like they do at SEMA :D
@un4giv3n @The Godfather

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts

I mainly want to do one for the extended remote range

1 - 20 of 37 Posts