Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes.... I know I'm an idiot for not doing enough research, but I really would appreciate some help since there is nothing I can do now.

I bought these 15x8 6x5.5 Method double standards with -24 offset. By far my favorite looking rims and I can return them, but that will be a pain and very expensive. They don't fit.... Learned that the hard way. The wheel doesn't fit onto the hub. Is there anyway I can get these rims to fit on my 2004 Rado WITHOUT machining them. Or does anyone have these rims and can tell me how you got them to fit? Thanks guys!

Link:Double Standard | Matte Black Off-road Wheel | Method Race Wheels

·
CALI BOSS
6,312 Posts
Boring the hub is the only way to get a proper fit. Alternative is to run spacers and longer lug studs.

·
I'm "That Guy"
1,185 Posts
Just take em to any local machine shop...boring the hub diameter is easy on the mill. I've done it a few times in the past for friends.

·
CALI BOSS
6,312 Posts
The wheel has 3.5" of back spacing. If I run a 1" spacer will that give me 4.5" of back space and I can clear the hub?
A 1" spacer will push the wheels out. Thereby you will have less back-spacing. You will end up with 2.5" of back-spacing. So, plenty of space to clear the hub. Turning clearance is another story

·
CALI BOSS
6,312 Posts
And you're going to trash your hubs super fast with such a low backspacing.
along with steering linkage and ball joints to boot lol

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Yeah, but like they said, it will push the wheels out causing excessive wear and turning issues. Not to mention that spacers will cost more than getting the wheels bored.

Why are you so against boring them?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not really against it, but not sure where I can get that done and won't that make the wheel weak? Id much rather go the wheel spacer route since it's easier and strait forward. I'm okay with it the wheels sticking out more idc, I like stance but not if it's going to cause immediate problems.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
It wont weaken the wheel. We're talking millimeters that need shaved off. And if you are in Orange County, I'm sure there are numerous places that can do it for you. A quick google search turned up 5 results just like that. You might have to make a couple phone calls.

And by using spacers, your more than likely going to run into rubbing issues while turning, which will require trimming parts of your truck to make clearance. So yeah, there could be immediate problems.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
That really is going to stick out far. Not a little, but a lot. Like more than half of your tire will be outside of the vehicle.

On a vehicle of stock height, a tire that sticks our that far looks far from 'aggressive', it looks like a mistake and the vehicle has an illusion of being lower, and squatted over the wheels. In my opinion of course.

You may be further ahead to sell those off and replace them. Maybe you can work with a local tire shop and trade them towards something else.

You have not commented in two posts regarding the excessive wear. You said you don't care about it looking differently, but are you bypassing the experiences of the others? Do you know what the cost of a hub replacement is?

You also previously commented that it is a pain to return the wheels. What makes it a pain?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did comment about it with excessive wear. If things are going to be a problem right away... Not going to try it. Taking millimeters off the bore isn't that bad now that I know it won't weaken the wheel. It is a pain since I ordered them from RimzOne and they're in Nort Carolina, I'm in California. They charge a 15% restocking fee+ shipping them back will be extremely exspensive.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Okay, sorry I missed the part about the premature wear.

The shipping part is probably hard to swallow. A 15% return fee can be somewhat offset if you consider the cost you will incur to keep/use them. Such as is 15% similar to the cost of spacers or boring?

Talk with them directly, perhaps if you tell them they do not fit your vehicle they can waive the restocking fee or work with you on that. If you just don't like them, that is on you of course - so maybe they can help you out that way. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
True! It will be the same price I guess either way. Few more dollars with either option. But these are by far the only wheels I want for my truck. And I have a tires for a 15" rim with a good amount of trim on them so my options are limited with this type of wheel. So if boring them out costs $100 total. I'm willing to do that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.