Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read through the forums.. tried millions of ways nothing is working.. any other ideas? I just cut the wire to the passlock in desperation, and still not starting.

I unplugged my PCM to check the prongs because I am throwin a 303 cylinder misfire. New coil, new spark plug.., it's still throwing the code.. Now I'm stuck in pass lock and truck will crank but NOT start. What is the actual procedure to disengage the stupid fuckin pass lock? I'm supposed to be on the road to CO this morning and I've been fuckin with this all day.. I need to get this truck running asap. thanks for any help offered.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
Hit up Supermod or Limequat, believe they are the only 2 that could help you. I think it has to get tuned out or new PCM.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Seems like I remember something like if you leave the ignition on for ten minutes, then try it, it should bypass the pass lock and start.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hook the wires back together, then turn the key to on and leave it 8-10 minutes until the passlock light goes out, then turn key to off and then start the truck.. once the truck is stated disconnect those wires and it wont happen again.. however the passlock light will stay on.. then get the passlock disabled with a tune. I had jeremy at limequat do mine.. that alone was worth the 99 dollars

·
Premium Member
2,499 Posts
Is the vehicle still cranking after that first failed attempt? It's been my experience that the truck won't crank if it's Passlock (had a loose ground on my remote start...).

Relearn procedure:

Disclaimer

The community here at 355nation.net urges you to please use caution and seek professional assistance when performing modifications to your vehicle. Before attempting any modification it is advised that you refer to your Colorado or Canyon service manual or contact a certified mechanic as not all GMT355 trucks are the same. The staff and the associated members are in no way responsible for any damages, injuries or other harm inflicted to your vehicle or yourself which may result in attempting these modifications. The posts and content presented on this site reflect in no way the views of 355nation.net or it’s ownership.

A 355nation How To presented by

xronx

Project Name

How To: Do a Security Relearn

Project Description

Preforming a Relearn on your Security System on your own.

Skill Level

Easy

Project Vehicle

Make: Chevrolet

Model: Colorado

Year: 2005

Engine: 3.5L

Power windows: yes

Sun Roof: No

Tools Needed

Your Keys

Project Time

1 hour or less

Project Cost

Effort

1. Attempt to start the truck by turning the key to the Start/Run position. Try to crank the vehicle.

2. Observe that the vehicle fails to start and the security light is illuminated.

3. Release key to the ON/RUN position (not the ACC position or OFF)

4. Allow the vehicle to sit with key in the ON/RUN position for no less than 11 minutes. Security light will turn off after this.

5. When the light goes off, turn key to OFF position and allow the vehicle to remain in the OFF position for no less than 30 seconds.

6. Repeat #1-#5 for four cycles or until vehicle starts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts