Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Ass Milk
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
after a few alex slams u will get some....that shit drives me crazy!!!

·
Ass Milk
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
i cant wait for them shits to ship!! hurry the fuck up JC whitney!!

·
Registered
767 Posts
not designed for a stiffer ride....i jus need it to absorb the axel b4 it hits the bumpstop.... its pretty much jus gonna float until i hit a bump to hard,

i dont want the truck to rest on it so ima make a few adjustments to it
You might have to cut them shorter cause im lifted 3" in the back and they are prob 1" or 2" from touching on the top. Also I would see in somehow cushioning the top of the spring better, so when it does hit, it hits soft and doesn't slam but rather compresses the spring till it hits the bump stop.

·
Registered
767 Posts
looks nice. does it make your ride stiffer in the rear?
No it doesn't because they aren't actually in use until there is a load in the back of the truck or a trailer is hooked up too lower the leafs under the weight of whatever your hauling and lets the weight rest on the helper springs. I noticed that it does help when you are making turns with weight in the bed. Before the helper springs the truck would shift really bad and I would have to slow down quite a bit but now I can turn like normal with weight in the bed and the helpers springs do there job.

·
MTS Crew!
4,934 Posts
No it doesn't because they aren't actually in use until there is a load in the back of the truck or a trailer is hooked up too lower the leafs under the weight of whatever your hauling and lets the weight rest on the helper springs.
You have to remember that he is lowered already though so his might be engaged with nothing in the bed. If he cuts it like suggested maybe it wont :shrug:

·
Registered
767 Posts
You have to remember that he is lowered already though so his might be engaged with nothing in the bed. If he cuts it like suggested maybe it wont :shrug:
yea that is true, but I think if he doesnt cut them it might actually cause some lift cause those are some heavy duty springs. If he cuts them to fit snug he should be golden.

·
Ass Milk
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
they shipped today....yaaaay

·
Ass Milk
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
nope...didnt check locally.....jus did tho...and since im headed home in the AM, ima go pick some up , and cancel this order

i went to stores askin, and they all looked me like i had a dick growin outta my forehead!!

now all of a sudden they have them and know exactly wat im talkin about!!

·
Ass Milk
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
All done. Had to cut the springs. But they work great! Great investment!

Attachments

·
Ass Milk
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
big ass hose clamp

21 - 40 of 41 Posts