Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I heard about this forum through myspace. I have a 2006 GMC Canyon Z85 Reg Cab WT. Since I hate GM's 4-speed auto, I have the 5 speed alongside the 2.8 L four. 3.73 axle ratio and no special packages or hardcore mods. Only mod is a bed mat. I like the GMC better than the Chevy because the front end looks a little bit meaner. But whatever there the same truck anyway. But just so you all know I support :salute:

If you wana view my garage go ahead theres nothing special about my truck. I do however wanna know what I could do with my truck to make it look a little better and get a little bit better than 20 mpg.

I hope everyone here dispiesess toyota.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
hey welcome to the nation.. we don't here really dispiese anything i guess. from what i get from ppl here. we all try to respect each other and what not

as for ur truck it all depends on what u want to do.. drop it, or raise it.. and yes u can do both.. look at coloradotom.. he has done both.. now he has a lifted colorado..

for the 20mph.. get ur pcm tuned by someone in ur area.. u get a crap load more power and better gas mileage.. but i'm not sure if they tune the 4cyl.'s

once again welcome to the nation

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
Welcome to the nation! Well you could do a intake, muffler, gut the 1st cat and get your pcm tuned. That should help out on mpg's if you can keep ypu foot out of it. For looks lowere it and slap a set of wheels on it.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
:welcome: to the :salute:

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
You get 20mpg from a 4 cyl? talk about crappy milage... :(

Welcome man... somethings gotta be up with that thing if your only getting 20mpg.

1) Is all your maintenence up to date? (oil, air filter, fuel filter, etc)

2) Do you dog on the truck a lot?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just added a KN air filter to my truck, waiting to see what changes it will make. ANyone know where I can find intakes. I'm about to look at the KN site. Any other ideas.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts